T-Trak module kits in the UK?

Welshbloke

A quick search having failed, does anyone know of a supplier of T Trak module kits in the UK? Postage is ridiculous to import them, and I know there are people making similar laser-cut baseboard kits here but I've yet to find a T Trak one.

You should look around for a local laser cutting outfit and get your own cut. Let me know if you need files to cut. 

Edited by tossedman

Hadn't thought about that! How big a cutter bed do you need? We have one at work I could probably use if it's behaving itself at the moment.

Need to think whether it would be more or less hassle than just building a couple of double modules with timber and ply. My woodworking to date has been limited to repairing a window frame by making replacements for the rotten sections.

Here's a single module that fits onto a 550 X 400 mm piece of plywood. I've attached an svg file of it that you should be able to cut. It's designed to used 6mm plywood. It's a 308 X 210 mm module so it's the small single. It's modified from the T-Trak Rus website. Here's what it looks like.

ttrakmodule.thumb.JPG.b7708bdb4f1733a4896e048e3a9e9107.JPG

I've got a double module as well but I'll have to get it from another computer.

Cheers,

Todd

TTrak Module 308X210.svg

Edited by tossedman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
12 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

Hadn't thought about that! How big a cutter bed do you need? We have one at work I could probably use if it's behaving itself at the moment.

Need to think whether it would be more or less hassle than just building a couple of double modules with timber and ply. My woodworking to date has been limited to repairing a window frame by making replacements for the rotten sections.

Well, these are about the easiest kind of woodwork there is. Just glue them up. I’ll post the double wide tomorrow morning. 

On 12/13/2018 at 10:18 AM, tossedman said:

Here's a single module that fits onto a 550 X 400 mm piece of plywood. I've attached an svg file of it that you should be able to cut. It's designed to used 6mm plywood. It's a 308 X 210 mm module so it's the small single. It's modified from the T-Trak Rus website. Here's what it looks like.

I've got a double module as well but I'll have to get it from another computer.

Cheers,

Todd

TTrak Module 308X210.svg

Any luck finding the double?  There are a couple of county maker spaces here I could use.

I became aware today that Model Scenery Supplies does baseboards and backscene boards. They don't actually say they do T-trak boards, but why not? And they are in the UK.

https://www.modelscenerysupplies.co.uk/model-railway-baseboards

https://www.modelscenerysupplies.co.uk/model-railway-baseboards/back-scene-boards

Edited by bill937ca
5 hours ago, ecfitzgerald said:

Any luck finding the double?  There are a couple of county maker spaces here I could use.

Yeah, sorry mate. I’ve got it ready to go on my work computer, just got too busy. I’ll post it Monday morning (Canada time) for you. 

Cheers

4 hours ago, tossedman said:

Yeah, sorry mate. I’ve got it ready to go on my work computer, just got too busy. I’ll post it Monday morning (Canada time) for you. 

Cheers

Thanks.

Also does anyone else that's interested, you may check with local schools or libraries.  2 high schools in my county have public maker spaces, so all I have to bring is the wood, files, some patience and help clean up.  A bunch of libraries have 3d printers too.