Pictures of M-250 Super Rail Cargo train loading

gavino200

I was really surprised when I learned how containers were unloaded in Japan. I was totally expecting some kind of crane. I had even bought an overhead crane to use. I sold it since. I was basing my expectations on the US. I took a picture of container loading yesterday in Phoenix from my Uber. I guess the difference is that the containers are full size and double stacked here. There'd really be no other way to do it. Goes to show, I should always research first and never assume the same practices in different countries.

image.thumb.png.83f516d685e6586764e86b6942b9a814.png

Some yards here in the us do use the large top grabbing lift vehicles even with the big double stacks. But yeah most now have the wheeled or rail gantry cranes to move them on/off rail cars.

jeff

• Like 1
16 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I was really surprised when I learned how containers were unloaded in Japan. I was totally expecting some kind of crane. I had even bought an overhead crane to use. I sold it since. I was basing my expectations on the US. I took a picture of container loading yesterday in Phoenix from my Uber. I guess the difference is that the containers are full size and double stacked here. There'd really be no other way to do it. Goes to show, I should always research first and never assume the same practices in different countries.

image.thumb.png.83f516d685e6586764e86b6942b9a814.png

That quite familiar anywhere in harbours. 

I let you see some which are also mobile, meaning driven by a driver

• Like 1