Paint problem

shadowtiger25

16 minutes ago, shadowtiger25 said:

I need a specific paint, but I guess I can't have it shipped over seas

http://www.dauphin-railwaymodel.jp/192_3780.html

Does anyone here know if there is a paint available in the US that is very similar or the same?

You can buy the closest in Tamiya or any other brand and mix other colors into it until you get a match. It's not as hard as it seems. Use small quantities until you get the rough colors and ratios you need. Then mix up a larger batch.

A note of caution. Decide on your color match after, the paint dries. The color is always slightly different when wet. 

There's a post from Kiha on page ten of this thread discussing the process.

shadowtiger25

If only there was a place in my town that sold Tamiya paints... Its all just freaking Hobby Lobbys. No real hobby shops.

But I can order Tamiya at least

1 minute ago, shadowtiger25 said:

If only there was a place in my town that sold Tamiya paints... Its all just freaking Hobby Lobbys. No real hobby shops.

But I can order Tamiya at least

Yeah, Amazon has most Tamiya colors. Two days or so and you have it. What's your project btw?

shadowtiger25

And these coupler release bars

574618718_20181129_2043001.thumb.jpg.883844869c67fb31600bc86ae62896de.jpg

I have 4 of these cars, and I'm about to order 2 more to have a nice small consist for a D51 to pull. I also plan on making tarp covers for them, and running string to the tie downs

• Like 2
shadowtiger25
8 hours ago, Grant_T said:

Tamiya XF-9 Hull Red might get you close to that, but it may require more red. It's hard to match from a photo.

I'm going to try this, thank you