Earthquake!

CaptOblivious

Martijn Meerts

Can't say I felt anything, although I guess that makes sense ;) But the most important question:

are your trains okay? =)

Is everybody okay and any damage to anything? That's a surprise, St Louis had an earthquake? That is something you expect from the West coast.

Off topic, Martijn one of the most beautiful sites I've ever seen in my life are the "Northern Lights" in Norway which, I believe you get to experience quite often. It is a site you will remember the rest of your life.

Martijn Meerts

Bernard, I haven't seen them myself actually, Oslo is way down south of Norway, we don't see them from here. But up north you see them regularly yes. I haven't traveled much within Norway either, I'm actually Dutch and lived in Holland for most my life, so even being in and around Oslo is still somewhat of a vacation ;)

Guest bill937ca

Is everybody okay and any damage to anything? That's a surprise, St Louis had an earthquake? That is something you expect from the West coast.

It's what you expect from Japan.  Japan is one of world's most earthquake prone areas.  Care for a volcano??

CaptOblivious

So far, no reports of injuries, and only very minor damage: In fact, no damage in St Louis, just a lot of shaken people (pun intended?). Thanks for asking!

Had the trains been out on my table, as they often are, I fear some would not have survived, as the vibrations were quite strong enough to knock them off the tracks and to the floor! But they were put up last night, so no damage there either :D

Darren Jeffries

The planet is changing. We in the UK now get all sorts, floods, earthquakes (we had one here a couple of months ago that caused some damage), tornados......

This is weather and phenomenen i expect to see in the US but not the UK...

Glad you are all ok, keep safe.

CaptOblivious

Yeah, tell me about it! I was in London last summer (suffering from an acute case of food poisoning, no less!) when all the tabloids' headlines started reading something like: "Leave While You Still Can! Floods to Hit London"...that was a scary week. Turned out not to be as serious as many thought it would be, but still...

Guest bill937ca

Lots of floods here in Eastern Ontario and other parts of the province also.  Some of the rural parts of Belleville (where I live) have been a state of emergency since April 13th because of flooding along the Moria River.  It's the run off from a huge snow fall this winter that has the Moira  at twice its normal height.  We had a drought last summer and now in many places the ground is getting very dry.