Winter 2018 Project Party

Kiha66

Hello all, I feel we all need some motivation in these darker months to get some work done.  So I'm proposing the month of December be a "project party" where everyone can post their plan for the week/weekend, then an update on how that progress went.  It doesn't have to be just a layout too, anything from building kits to adding numbers to a loco or car is fair game!  Personally I would like to get my kato showroom layout done, and maybe some T-track modules as well.  Anyone else have any interest in such an event?

Edited by Kiha66
  • Like 1

This seems to be exactly the kind of pressure I need for my Z-shorty-microlayout now - I'm in, too!

There's a strict requirement: The trains must have enough clearence to pass all the buildings outside of the loop while, at the same time, non of these buildings must protrude over the base. Therefore, the next step is to build those houses, and I want to tackle this task by or during next weekend!

• Like 1

Short update:

I've achieved my goal... partly. My printer ran low on ink, and when it does so from a certain point on it doesn't print correct colours anymore (this must be by intention, because after a refill it prints again perfectly ok). Therefore I've printed the warehouse and the taxi garage with the old cartridges (to sqeeze out a few more drops), and slapdashed the houses together. This didn't take much time, so I've checked the clearances and glued the tracks to the base. Finally, I've changed the printer cartridges and printed all buildings just the other moment.

Pictures will follow soon in the construction thread.

• Like 1

Great progress Michi, I may have to steal some of that technique for some structures I'm working on. This week I'd like to get Legs on the layout, so I can start work on the surface prep for track.  I'd also like to get some stalled painting projects primed and read for the first colors for when the weather warms up again.  

Consider me in. My goal is just to start (2 years after first planning my layout) even if that just means an oval on the carpet.

Edited by Polkadot
  • Haha 1

Instead of an update:

Last week and weekend were filled with christmas parties (on the job, at the sports club - and I'm not even doing sports! - and, and, and...).

So

- no progresses whatsoever were planned by me, and

- no progresses whatsoever were achieved by me.

That's 100% plan fulfillment for me!

• Haha 1

Now that fall classes are finishing up I can finally start modeling again.   Today I got two locomotives repaired and back in service thanks to the kato parts department.  Next up will depend on which parts arrive first, but I should be able to get some painting done in the next few days and knock out those projects fairly quickly.  (fingers crossed at least)

48378844_2365737443455390_2826516654647672832_o.thumb.jpg.fd6a18ad2e3b2da7982acfed2aef1163.jpg  

• Like 1