Japanese buying agents?

gavino200

From time to time I find something on a Japanese auction or website that will only ship to Japan. Is there such a thing as a company that will buy it for you and resend to another company for a fee?

THere is Buyee. My experience you can get many items not otherwise available.  There are many fees and for anything less than the top shipping there are more fees including insurance.

• Like 1

Relevant post from link above:

I would like to point out that BT Trains will handle the bidding and shipping for you for a 20% fee if you are a bit concerned about handling it yourself. We charge 20% above what it costs AT OUR WAREHOUSE in Japan, then $3-10, depending on size, $3 for an engine, $7 for a bookcase train, $10 for something like a Tomix Farewell set, to bring it across the Pacific on our bulk boxes and USPS or UPS to you.

We have a bunch of customers doing this already so we are pretty good at it. All you need to do is send an email to auction@bttrains.com with the Yahoo! Japan URL for what you wish to acquire and the highest bid in yen that you are willing to pay. To ESTIMATE what it will cost in your hands, multiply the number of yen you are bidding by .021 and you will be close.

For example we just bought a discountinued EF66 for a customer. Final auction price 4000yen, price at our warehouse 5050yen (shipping and bank transfer). Price with our markup, 6060yen. $3 (small item) across the pacific. Final price to the customer $84.89 plus shipping to him, but he has us hold until we have 4-5 items so shipping to him USPS is inexpensive. The .021 method would have set his price at $84, so you can see how close it is. It gets farther off if you bid on things OVER 10,000yen because shipping and bank transfer become less of the price.

If you have questions or would like to try it out, auction@bttrains.com. Please do NOT bid on things that have less than a day left on them or less than two on a Friday. Our people in Japan take the weekend off and MIGHT miss your bid.

Bob

BT Trains

bob@bttrains.com

I'll contact Bob about this. It's not clear if he just deals with the auctions or if he'll also buy from non auction japanese stores that don't export.

10 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

I'll contact Bob about this. It's not clear if he just deals with the auctions or if he'll also buy from non auction japanese stores that don't export.

Bob is deceased.

• Sad 1
45 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

This thread goes over some and the basics of how some work and various fees involved. Usually adds 30%+ to the cost.

an example from buyee for an early Modemo interurban.

Amount Bid  (5,018yen)

[Fee Breakdown for this Purchase]

Item Bid......................................5,018yen

Buyee Service Fee.... ................... 251yen

Payment Fee..................................200yen

<Plan fees> Standard Plan.............500yen

<Domestic Shipping Fee

(From seller to Buyee)>...................700yen

<Consumption Tax>.........................401yen

<International Shipping Fee

(From Buyee to your address)>......2,000yen

• Like 1

And those fees vary. As companies like buyee change their rates all the time.

Also gst was added to the previous purchase. So seller must be from a shop. Where you dont get xharged gst if buying from a private seller.

All the website have breakdown of fees and processes broken down tp explain it all.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well. I'm looking for a way to get goods from Japanese sites that don't ship to the US. I know how to use the auctions in general. The item I was thinking of - I thought it was from ZM or Rakuten. Turns out it's from Amazon jp but doesn't ship to the US.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/トミーテック-TOMYTEC-TRC05-ザ・トラックコレクション第5弾シークレット-日野・クルージングレンジャー/dp/B00NODTNJO/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1534223209&amp;sr=8-11&amp;keywords=tomytec+pump

But often I find items - usually assy parts available on Japanese sites that don't ship to the US. I'm looking for a company that would buy them in Japan for me and then send to the US.

1 minute ago, katoftw said:

Modeltrainplus.

But I'm pretty sure zenmarket  tenso buyee etc all have option to buy from amazon jp

Nariichi, will do that? Great. I'll email him about it. 

For amazon JP get the buyee chrome extention.  Its pretty easy to use, just go to the amazon.jp page for the item you want then click the extention.  It should pop up how many you want and your expected item price, then should work pretty similar to how their auction purchases work.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, bill937ca said:

MTP has a personal shopper service.

https://www.modeltrainplus.net/pages/personal-shopping-service

There are fees, but there are costs also for the agent.

Thanks Bill !! That's fantastic. Maybe I could have them get the souvenir n scale car from the Omiya Rail Museum. I didn't get it when I was there but regret it now as I have a growing collection of these things. 

• Thanks 1

I've only ever used Zenmarket for Yahoo auctions but they claim to be able to buy from Amazon.co.jp as well for you.

Luckily I just send stuff to my SIL and she eventually forwards it to me when there is enough to send 🙂

• Thanks 2