Tomix KoKi spare parts

Beaver

One of my second hand Tomix KoKi 107s is missing the brake wheel from the handrail at the shunter's platform end.

Is it possible to get spare parts to replace the wheel or the whole handrail assembly?

Das Steinkopf
10 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Every Tomix koki i have brought came with two wheels. So someone with multiple kokis would have many spare wheels.

Guilty as charged, yes you are correct that there are two brake wheels supplied with every Koki 107 released.

Sure  enough, no wagon parts in Tomix spares catalogue except wheels and bogie frames.

So its either find extra reasons to buy one new wagon or find someone with excess spares they don't want.

Das Steinkopf

Well as the saying goes you can never have too many KoKi's so it's not too hard to find an excuse to get another one, given you live in Tokyo it should be easy to find somewhere selling Tomix KoKi 107's, if you can't find any 2753 will be rereleased in January and the two Seino sets 8731 and 97902 will be released in April.

Turns out Kato sell the necessary parts and these will fit Tomix wagons.

Z08-0724 containing two handrails, 4 brake wheels and 4 dummy tail light fittings.

Almost identical.IMG_20181121_192551233.thumb.jpg.8dbbd30c291d540fb086cbd445d2a125.jpg

Original Tomix fittings at rear, new Kato fittings at front.

Gents,does anyone know what the no is for the motor and chassis for the kato 10-937,E3-700  Toreiyu Tsubasa Shinkansen please?

i need at least a motor and possibly a complete motorised chassis but can t find out from anywhere.

or if anyone has a spare for sale please pm me.

thanks in advance,

paul

It doesn't seem like they made extra spare parts for it, but you can take the motor chassis for the normal E3 (only need to change interior parts then):

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10304709

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10443438

The first one seems to be for the original E3 Series model, the second for the later E3-2000 model. The E3-700 is based on the original E3 Series, but if the the Kato model for the E3 and E3-2000 Series is the same under the hood you should be able to take the newer part. Both are sold out though, so you'd have to source it from Kato directly or from Yahoo Auction.

If you can't find this specific one, you could see if you can get your hands on a power unit from another Kato model using the DCC friendly chassis/motor and switch only the motor.

Thanks buddy,neither are in stock at the mo anyway so I ll have a dig around on the Internet,thanks for the reply mate,👍👍😀