Excellent Japan Rail Tour NOV 2019

Roger Gunzel

Kinda weird to go Kumamoto, Matsuyama, Okayama, Hiroshima, Tokyo.  Many hours of un-needed travel time.

You'd be better of do Kumamoto, Hiroshima, Matusyama (using ferry), Okayama, Tokyo.

• Like 1
Just now, katoftw said:

Kinda weird to go Kumamoto, Matsuyama, Okayama, Hiroshima, Tokyo.  Many hours of un-needed travel time.

You'd be better of do Kumamoto, Hiroshima, Matusyama (using ferry), Okayama, Tokyo.

Thanks. We are looking for more travel time on trains, esp "diiferent" trains. We did contemplate using the ferry

Roger,

white text on a colored background is really hard to read, it’s a well studied. Dark text on light background gives you the best reading comprehension and avoids the vision issues many have.

jeff

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf
3 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Roger,

white text on a colored background is really hard to read, it’s a well studied. Dark text on light background gives you the best reading comprehension and avoids the vision issues many have.

jeff

I think Roger knows a little bit more about marketing than any of us here, he has spent many years in the music industry as a promoter and also running one of the biggest record labels in Australia, if you see who he has worked with it's a who's who of the alternative music world including some fairly famous international performers.

I’m talking from a purely human content absorption level. As soon as you get past a sentence or two and you want someone to read paragraphs (as in this content) then you are best suited to making it as easy to read and stay with it, impeding that just shoots yourself in the foot. Wild stuff is great to get someone’s attention but then you need to retain them if you hope for them to read and absorb the content well. 

I had the same reaction to the text, I found it very hard to read and stopped way sooner than I would have if dark text on light.

Im a professional at getting folks to read as much of a presentation as possible in doing museum exhibits at internationally know museums. I’ve worked with tons of graphic designers and cognitive researchers on this stuff on educational multimedia projects and we did lots of testing. 

Jeff

• Like 1

I agree. The page does look nice at a glance. The design is pretty. But I too find it hard to read. A pity since it's really a very interesting site.