コキ Questions about container flat cars of JRF

al camino

Hi to all of the forum

Having some コキ104, 106 and 50000 here in different colors (modely by Endo and Tomix) I'm wondering about some different JR and JRF signs on them.

I have コキ106 in gray and blue, コキ104 in lightblue and one コキ50000 in brown.

Digging through lots of pictures in the net I am still not sure about colors and lettering.

I understand that in 1987 JNR went into one fraight service company (JR Freight or JRF) and several passenger companies (e.g. JR East etc.) .

The passenger companies received unique colors to differentiate.

May I kindly ask for some help to understand more.

Are the コキ colors connected with specific lines or services?

Lot of pictures show most コキs of same color but mixed can also be found.

Also I did not find any description when コキ lettering shows JR and when JRF. Some containers are also lettered with JR and other with JRF.

The brown コキ50000 seems to have no diffference to JNR version except gray bogies and coupler and a small white icon printed on frame.

Thanks in advance.

Now going back to fight with the detail parts of several series 10 ナハネs and ナハネフ.

Edited by al camino
subject improved

Thanks katoftw

I missed this thread and will join this one with my questions.

Color issue is answered.

Open is the JR to JRF difference in lettering.

C'U' there

Das Steinkopf

Just another point of reference that I had posted on the topic of types and colours, as to the JR to JRF change I haven't studied that yet as I am focused on from 2012 to current day.

• Like 1

As for the colours there are a couple which I don't think were mentioned in the other thread. The KoKi 250000 in teal and the 350000 in yellow. These were modified KoKi 50000s for higher speed services. They were either converted back to 50000s or scrapped, apart from a couple of 350000s used to trial plans for standard gauge transporter wagons to carry 1067mm gauge KoKis through one of the undersea tunnels. I have a feeling there was a major cull of them around 2007 but may have misunderstood the translation.

Das Steinkopf
19 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

As for the colours there are a couple which I don't think were mentioned in the other thread. The KoKi 250000 in teal and the 350000 in yellow. These were modified KoKi 50000s for higher speed services. 

I covered a lot of those details in the post from December 2017.