Kuala Lumpur - Truly Trains

Yavianice

I visited the wonderful store "Truly Trains" in Kuala Lumpur while on a business trip. The store is amazing, staff super friendly and helpful, they exclusively sell Minitrix (no other brands), but since they do not have a webshop, they have a large selection of sets, loco's, and single cars that have long been sold out in Europe and U.S.

So if you are looking for a particular hard to get TRIX set, manufactured around early 2000's - 2015 or so, be sure to keep them in mind!

http://www.trulytrains.com

By the way, the store Dai Kong Trading in Kuala Lumpur also sells model trains, but their selection is about 5 sets from PIKO, in case anyone is wondering. Not that rare sets either, unfortunately.

Edited by cteno4
Made link live
  • Like 2

Am there soon... will have to check this store out!

Meanwhile... anybody know the frequency of (real) freight consists through/in KL?

Visited this fantastic shop in Subang just outside of Kuala Lumpur last week.  Spent a whole afternoon in here, with great customer service from Darren who was very enthusiastic about the products.

Here's a few photos of the shop.  There was also a testing layout, but I accidentally deleted the photo before uploading it.

An absolute treasure trove of older Marklin, Trix and MiniTrix trains.

large.IMG_1413_UyPEDG.JPG.e785625f4fb61f555ceb86ffe5933db2.JPG

large.IMG_1410_qRwjPy.JPG.3cd608d59dcfe51e7fce167e4b19dc40.JPG

large.IMG_1411_jjeWjx.JPG.15fb7442e7188a146e2e7ae2086f069e.JPG

large.IMG_1412_WTAuqZ.JPG.e1194a39e5558e6e7df97c76cae1701f.JPG

• Like 2

Lovely cases! Not the crammed to the gills shops I’m use to!

jeff