Help identifying an item

Kiran

Hi folks, can someone help me identify what this is? I am not sure where it came from but it could be from a train or from one of the Kato V12, V13 or V15 sets. I ordered those recently. Or it could be from Kato C62 or any other trains. My cleaner found it on the floor. It is wrapped in a really small plastic bag. Thanks for any help. The joys of being a blind modeller!

Unknown Entity.jpg

I don't know exactly what it is but it appears to be add-on accessories that would come with a train or locomotive (things like whistles, antennae, number boards etc).  The bag is somewhat non-transparent so hard to make out the details of the inside.

2 minutes ago, chadbag said:

I don't know exactly what it is but it appears to be add-on accessories that would come with a train or locomotive (things like whistles, antennae, number boards etc).  The bag is somewhat non-transparent so hard to make out the details of the inside.

Thank you. I will post another picture with the package unwrapped and items separated.

Hello Kiran,

The leaflets that come with each of your trains or locomotives may include diagrams of accessories.  It might simply be a process of working through your collection of trains.

Looks like kato diesel or electric locomotive whistles (the yellow parts) and radio antenna (the grey parts).  The whistle is a standard JNR locomotive part, while the radio antenna is a piece from more recent times.  So the prototype of the model they are for is probably a locomotive from the last few decades.  Good luck!  

Was one of your recent purchases a KATO JNR electric loco? EF58 or EF65?

Looks like the parts you get with it. The whistles aren’t always in gold, mainly on the JNR locos and the bits on the cross sprue are lightning protectors or something along those lines. You don’t get these with diesels or steam engines.