THANKS JEFF!!!

toc36

Jeff (aka cteno4),

Just wanted to say thanks for the (almost) 3 hours you spent with me this past Saturday working on T-Trak modules.

For all of you out there, Jeff build a bunch of modules for club members.  He build me 4 corners and 4 double length modules.  I couldn't believe the craftsmanship.  Seriously, I am afraid that if I make a mistake, I will ruin the furniture-like veneers and appearance.

This is why you join a club. We spent the majority of time templating the tops for screwing down the track (from underneath.   I saw new ways/methods to improve my humble projects, bounced my ideas off a very experienced modeler, and learned techniques that I can do with my simple tools.

Again, THANKS for everything.

Toc 

• Like 4

You are most welcome Toc! Fun to do these and wish I had more time to schedule things to have you there during more of the construction. 

No worries they are easy to finish. Just a wipe with some wadco finishing oil will make the cherry pop. Hit it with some spray varnish then on the cherry and the top to help prevent any moisture penetration from scenery.

glad members are doing more Ttrak here! 

Cheers

jeff

• Like 1
On 10/22/2018 at 6:14 PM, cteno4 said:

No worries they are easy to finish. Just a wipe with some wadco finishing oil will make the cherry pop.

Jeff or Toc, would love to see photographs of your veneered modules if you have any please.

I am using the well-documented open framework module style with oak and am very interested in ways to create a more furniture-like appearance.

http://ttrak.wikidot.com/rocks-pass

Thanks!

Roger

Edited by RogerMc
asking toc as well

I’ve got a couple I’m redoing for a member this week and I’ll pop pictures of the process and how it looks.

i did a bunch of flat modules at 2” as no reason they need to be that high and 2.75” is just way to big of a front face visually. Also you can get the veneer heat adhesive tape in a max of 2” taller ones you need to get veneer sheets and glue them on which is a pain and a bit more expensive the tape. Tape also is quite thick compared to most sheets so easier to finish with out worrying of sanding thru the veneer.

i also am now back to good old plain tung oil for the finish as it’s very lusterous. Quick rub with some liquid bees wax and really nice satin polish very easily with little smell.

jeff

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

I’ll pop pictures of the process and how it looks.

THANKS!