Kato One-sided Platforms

EdF

I cant say for certain as I don't own any of the single sided platforms, but all the other kato platforms are easy to dissemble.   I would assume that the single sided ones would be as well.

Yes, but it leaves some big holes in the side and that end of the roof unsupported. I've removed these walls on a few platforms and cut out the walls, leaving only the pillars and the top crossbeam to support the roof.

• Thanks 1

Yes. You can do it. Two issues.

1. Tiny holes along one side. Easy to fill with plastic putty. 

2. Only one edge of the platform has a painted yellow line. This can be fixed with some masking tape and paint.

(Full disclosure I haven't done this yet, but this is next up on my list of things-to-do. I extended my station by one platform length a while ago using two one sided platforms and two spare  double platform roofs. I'm about to add lights to the extra section so I figured I'd fix the yellow lines and holes while I'm at it. )

It won't look exactly the same as a double platform as the light grey "concrete" edge is different on the non-service side of the single platform as on the service-side. But I think it will be close enough, and I can put the altered side facing away from the front of the layout. 

I considered buying new double platforms, but I really don't think it's worth it.

Edited by gavino200
  • Thanks 1