Exhibition with train-shuttle

lighthouse

Good Evening,

In Germany, the time of the model train exhibition begins at the end of the year. I would like to draw your attention to the fact that at the exhibition of the IG Hirzbergbahn e.V. the IG-Nippon (https://www.ig-nippon.org)is represented with many modules.

Address: Buergerhaus Emleben, Gartenstrasse 21, 99869 Emleben (near Gotha)
Opening hours: Saturday, 27.10.2018, from 10am to 6pm & Sunday, 28.10.2018, from 10am to 4pm

Here's the Flyer: http://www.hirzbergbahn.info/mba-ankundigung_mit_tw.html

43502989_2128662207145100_6571120257153368064_n.jpg

• Like 5

Couple of questions: Is the train shuttle run by DB in DB tracks, a regional railway or the Hirzbergbahn? Does IG mean Interessen‐Gemeinschaft in this context?

The Train is running on private(?) tracks of ZossenRail since march 2017 and the shuttle 772 345 is a DMU of the Erfurter Bahnservice GmbH.

Yes, IG mean Interessen-Gemeinschaft (eng. community interest).

Edited by lighthouse

Wow! That’s a great new layout! Are you guys still doing any temp setups or now all modular. Japanese scenes lend themselves to freemo with scenes always clustered around the rails.

looks like it was great premier!

cheers

jeff

No, each of us is building something. There are at least two IG-Nippon members who only build modules. Other members build stationary equipment and modules and other members bring only model vehicles.

Yes, we also had a lot of fun these two days. There were always the same questions (for example: is this Japan ?, how did you come up with this idea, how expensive are the models? Etc.) It became funny or frightening when visitors said ICE to the Shinkansen or a commuter train as Mitropa or City Express was outclassed. Even if not all modules were designed, the layout was very well received.

The layout was also built to test our standardization. This also worked very well during construction and dismantling. Unfortunately, there were a few minor accidents as well.

New plans for the next modules have already been planned at the exhibition. So in two years my station "Ombetsu" will be integrated with a branch. And it should or it must also be built a large fiddle yard.

Here were 5 of the most active members on site and thus also friendships and the team spirit was strengthened

That’s wonderful to hear! Yep you got all the standard public stuff we get, same around the world I guess! 

Glad to hear it was a good sucess and setup and testing was good. It’s hard to get the space to do those tests with setup that sized! Always a delema for us and out layouts in the past so we kept things to fit in a garage etc, but even then it’s hard.

is Kai still active? I miss chatting with him we lost touch with each other a number of years back. Hope the JRM containers are still with the club, if not I’ll get some more made and to you all. We still have the ignippon containers and usually out on the container yards! 

So glad to hear things are going strong for you all!

cheers

jeff

That is a nice layout! I wish I would've had time that weekend to come and visit the exhibition. Next time then I hope....

Edited by Gryphr

Thank you Jeff! Around Kai, things have gotten calmer at IG-Nippon. He barely has time and other interests to participate in it. I have not written to him for months. It is a pity.

We were also invited by chance for the exhibition. A member knows the organizer and this criticized always that the visitors always only German Reichsbahn of the GDR see. Japan did not know this organizer us domit we got short the possibility.

Gryphr, a few modules of a member can be seen in November in Wunsiedel (Bavaria).

Great layout! I especially like the scenery and the huge stations. If it's not a problem, i would like to ask a few questions about the technology on the layout. I can see that most of it is based on Tomix finetrack and all module connections use adjustable length tracks, and i found that they are set back 40 mm from the edge (based on your forum posts from 2008). But what i can't see is the traction control, whether it's digital or analog and how do you connect the modules up electrically. I can see some Tomix controllers under the modules on the top down photo, but those could be there only as accessory power for the stations.

So how do you make the trains go and how do you control them? How do you connect the track power from one module to the next? How do you isolate sections (if there are any)? Are there any working signals and interlockings?

You saw it right, Tomix-Finetrack was installed here. Unfortunately, only one train per oval could be controlled, because a block control is not yet finished. For control, 2 pieces of TCS Power Unit N-DU202-CL were used. A pleasure when starting and stopping trains. Each module has a connection to the next module, as prescribed by the FREMO. It thus creates a circuit per direction of travel. A few working signals were installed on the straight modules (turntable and bridge). In the large station, the Greenmax dummies were installed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sure was a fun, yet tiring exhibition!

I personally found it super satisfying to finally be able run the full length Sunrise Express. 🙂

2 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Nice video! Thanks for sharing! It's nice to see that rare 883 series Sonic in older silver colours!

That's actually the blue 883. At first I was super confused as I couldn't remember anyone bringing that one along. Lighting sure knows how to play tricks on you. 😉

Edited by Suica
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Suica said:

Sure was a fun, yet tiring exhibition!

I knew I recognized the shikoku 8000 series from somewhere 😉

• Haha 1

Thanks, great to see IG Nippon going strong.

next time you talk to Kai say hi for me and have him ping me, the email addy I have for him is an old dead one.

cheers

jeff

6 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Thanks, great to see IG Nippon going strong.

next time you talk to Kai say hi for me and have him ping me, the email addy I have for him is an old dead one.

cheers

jeff

Thank you Jeff! I will.

I´ve looked up the topics here, and found out some things I didn´t know until now. IGN has an even longer history then I thought.

Jeff, what would you suggest: We want to dive deeper, and present our norms. How we do our modules, wireing, ect. Would Platform 5 - Layouts, Clubs & Projects  Club and Show News be the right place, or is there a better suited Platform?

Thanks!

Maybe TT-Track would be the most adapted. Nobody would look for that kind of technical infos in Platform 5. We could then maybe rename that Platform to something more general.

Well for now yes general club discussions, history, event stuff should go there in the club forum.

Staff will talk, we could expand the Ttrak to include other modular systems as it’s not all that busy there with just Ttrak. yours is sort of a mega Ttrak/2 line ntrak/fremo sort of thing. As disturbman noted folsk won’t look in the club forum for more technical stuff and best put more direct layout/module specs and design there. Always good to cross link then between the general ign club topic to any layout specific topics you create witha crosslink post. 

forums are not the best for longer term archiving of info so having cross posts like this can help folks much later when the dig up a topic on some sort of club post.

cheers

jeff

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

forums are not the best for longer term archiving of info

They're a lot better than Social Media tho 😄

• Like 1