Tomytec - New Releases

3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

The heavy glasses on the table mght prove to be the very first obstacle to having this hobby into my later years..... 

No way!! You have a lot of time left to design and get someone to construct a motorized/hydrolic mechanism to lift the glass at the touch of a button. It seems elaborate but not much more than what you already have. And you can spread the cost out over the time it takes you to actually get old, which is considerable!

3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

That Aoshima parking garage is really awesome. I could have recalled i saw one set on Mandarake recently, but i guess it was snapped up so quickly it's gone now... 

That's a pity. I check from time to time. When I checked a couple of days ago I came across an Aoshima apartment building. Also sought after and out of production. So there's still hope.

4 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

The heavy glasses on the table mght prove to be the very first obstacle to having this hobby into my later years..... 

I've had glasses all my life and I've wondered what would happen. I'm doing just fine and I will be 70 next March. As long as you don't have Cataracts or Glaucoma you should be OK. A big key is shading your eyes from the intense summer sun with sun glasses and a wide brim hat. A bigger problem for me may be arthritis in my hands.

disturbman

JR meant the glass plates that are on top of his layout as his layout is nested inside a table.

• Like 2
On 5/15/2021 at 11:48 PM, gavino200 said:

I've wanted to get one of those Aoshima parking buildings for a long time. I'm not sure if I saw it first on your layout or on Quinntopia. I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore

Yes, no longer listed on the Aoshima website which is a bit sad. Looks like a lovely model but a little short lived.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Kamome said:

Yes, no longer listed on the Aoshima website which is a bit sad. Looks like a lovely model but a little short lived.

Sadly I say one recently and bookmarked it but forgot to buy/bid 😱😱

Well the parking structure was first released a decade ago, yes it’s been awhile. They did rerelease it once and it even made it over to some us shops, pretty universal parking structure.

jeff

• Like 2

The abandoned warehouse is somewhat interesting to me, I've seen more than a few abandoned old industrial buildings on Google Maps in Japan but is this level of decay possible or would it be torn down? I come from the Rust Belt in the US so a building like this wasn't really uncommon though usually when they started collapsing they just brought equipment in to tear down the building.

@21:01 Yokohama bus collection! 😱

More buses at @21:51, finally we are getting some trackside/ roadside worker figures at @24:39, some of the older released buildings in different colour schemes...

And i think i'll be safe as the rest of the Tomix did not trigger the inner devil ~~

13 hours ago, MeTheSwede said:

268868132_Screenshotfrom2021-07-0812-52-37.thumb.png.b6255ba8f369dc57cd9657ab181effe8.png

That's 10 180 yen that will dissappear from my bank account. 💸

I have both of those kits - in different plastic color incarnations - but otherwise identical. The two narrow buildings that come together in one box are excellent. The larger building (picture on the right) however, is one of the few Tomytec buildings that I've been quite disappointed wit. It looks great in the picture but in person the whole front is much too obviously a single, solid, chunk of plastic. The only windows at the doorway and on the side. I'd advise caution in buying it. Look at some videos on YouTube to see if you'd be satisfied. 

I may eventually use mine in a far from the layout edge location, but I'm just as inclined to hack off the front and use it as the basis of a kit bash. Just my two cents. 

38 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

I may eventually use mine in a far from the layout edge location, but I'm just as inclined to hack off the front and use it as the basis of a kit bash.

Maybe cover most of windows with signs and adverts?

jeff

• Like 1
MeTheSwede
9 hours ago, gavino200 said:

The larger building (picture on the right) however, is one of the few Tomytec buildings that I've been quite disappointed wit. It looks great in the picture but in person the whole front is much too obviously a single, solid, chunk of plastic. The only windows at the doorway and on the side. I'd advise caution in buying it. Look at some videos on YouTube to see if you'd be satisfied. 

I haven't bought the current version because I didn't like the look of it. From the looks in video, I like the new paint job better.

Then as Jeff indicated, this type of building is mainly intended to be a huge billboard.

• Like 1

I have one for conversion fodder to dice and splice to make the NTT DoCoMo building in Mito.  It's perfect for the front facade and the side slab walls of that building.  An Outland kit will provide the attached parking garage on the track side.  And a Tomytec cellphone tower provides the parts to cap it off.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.3708162,140.4714994,66a,35y,82.23h,79.22t/data=!3m1!1e3

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf

I would really like to get the Kumaden 03 Series, but I’m not keen on having to get a whole collection of other trains that I will not use just to get it.

Must have a few of those Chikuho Mo 161s in red. The line between Kurosaki and Kokura no longer exists but they’re nice looking trams. I think a few people bought the Nishitetsu 2 bus set where one bus was painted like one of these.

It would have to be in December!!

Edited by Kamome

I have not seen these recently-announced tram products from Tomytec mentioned here yet:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10812572

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/items/pdf/newitem_20210909_09.pdf

Two versions of the Hiroshima Greenmover Max 5-section articulated tram, plus a new power chassis to make them operable. I have been hoping for this model!

The "Max" is the older, bigger brother of the Greenmover Lex, of which many here have bought the Kato models, so this would be a great companion piece. The larger Greenmover Max trams were purchased to augment the German Combino-model Greenmover trams on Hiroshima's busier lines. The logistics and cost of importing spare parts for the Combinos became an issue, and later cracking issues were discovered in the Combino carbody design.

Rich K.

Edited by brill27mcb
  • Like 5