Tomytec - New Releases

Same. I already have Yokohama and Loginet Japan containers and the livestock trucks don't interest me too much. Yurucamp bus looks nice though and my limited bus collecting has pretty much no rhyme or reason. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gavino200 said:

That's a truck collection I can resist. Finally.

but it’s got a COW truck! A COW truck! And a truck with a wave and one with an anchor on it! 

cumon, live large and collected em all!

jeff

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, cteno4 said:

but it’s got a COW truck! A COW truck! And a truck with a wave and one with an anchor on it! 

cumon, live large and collected em all!

jeff

Stop it! Right now! Just stop! I'm closing my eyes!!!!!

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Stop it! Right now! Just stop! I'm closing my eyes!!!!!

says the man buying the caskets for his vehicle collections… 😜

jeff

Just now, cteno4 said:

says the man buying the caskets for his vehicle collections… 😜

jeff

Well, they need a place to live. If I placed them all on my layout the only thing I could model would be a scene from a Japanese remake of the movie "Convoy". 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Says the man who was around for the Car Collection releases! I'm actually planning to have a highway scene like that. But as it stands almost all the vehicles would be trucks and trailers, with a couple of cars peppered in here and there!! 

It would look more like this.

(original source of picture)

Edited by gavino200
  • Like 1
Das Steinkopf

As predicted before Tomytec was going to bend some of us over and have its wicked way with us.

disturbman
13 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Says the man who was around for the Car Collection releases! 

Blessed times! I wish the Car Collection would come back.

• Like 2
maihama eki

I can't resist any of the Truck, Trailer, Car Collection offerings and only rarely a Bus Collection. I need another Ikea shelving unit just for these.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, maihama eki said:

I can't resist any of the Truck, Trailer, Car Collection offerings and only rarely a Bus Collection. I need another Ikea shelving unit just for these.

with many, many shelves!

yes it’s been a very very dry time for vehicle collections, especially the cars! More variety is also needed with cars. 

i do count myself lucky. I even picked up a couple of extra sets of the later car sets when it looked like things were drying up there. Don’t like the new model of just a few in small packs and limited selection.

jeff

• Like 1

Bummer guess they wanted to have room for the “iron face” collection. At least the car collection page is there. 

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/lineup/car/basic29.html

hopefully they are waiting for market demand to rise and then maybe continuing. The truck and bus collections keep on selling I guess, just the cars have been sort of dead for a while now. Construction series I can see as there is a very limited amount of that actually needed, but probably good on the collector side as there are lots of construction disasters collectibles. But car collectibles are big, maybe 1/150 is jsut to small for car collectibles? But they are so damn cute that small! I almost bought up a bunch extra there as I kind of got the inkling this might happen and then spread them around later (at great profit to myself, err just kidding).

jeff

• Like 1

I'm thinking too much competition scale wise. For a model of a Japanese car or light truck I prefer Tomica.

Edited by bill937ca
2 hours ago, bill937ca said:

I'm thinking too much competition scale wise. For a model of a Japanese car or light truckI prefer Tomica.

Yes, but anything at 1/150 scale?

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Madsing said:

Yes, but anything at 1/150 scale?

Tomica is variable scale.  Its a toy, but a very accurate toy. And it is the same company.

I don't think 1/150 scale cars are a priority. And you are competing with those 100 car bags from China. Don't see that with other scales.

Edited by bill937ca

The smaller tomica I don’t find as real looking at all as tomytec 1\150 vehicles. Moulding is much coarser, dimensions usually on the pudgie side, they tend to use colored plastics for many parts (toy like) and have the toy like wheels. When I’ve put some I have that are near 1/150 out next to tomytec they really stick out as toys. I think in the early days of the tomytec vehicle collections there was a lot of novelty in the high quality but low cost and size of the tomytec as well as they were not toy like and very realistically made. But maybe the collectors market likes the cheaper looking toylike stuff.

jeff

• Like 2
On 5/14/2021 at 8:54 AM, gavino200 said:

Says the man who was around for the Car Collection releases! I'm actually planning to have a highway scene like that. But as it stands almost all the vehicles would be trucks and trailers, with a couple of cars peppered in here and there!! 

It would look more like this.

(original source of picture)

Maybe this can be of a little help ~ 😛

9 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Bummer guess they wanted to have room for the “iron face” collection. At least the car collection page is there. 

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/lineup/car/basic29.html

hopefully they are waiting for market demand to rise and then maybe continuing. The truck and bus collections keep on selling I guess, just the cars have been sort of dead for a while now. Construction series I can see as there is a very limited amount of that actually needed, but probably good on the collector side as there are lots of construction disasters collectibles. But car collectibles are big, maybe 1/150 is jsut to small for car collectibles? But they are so damn cute that small! I almost bought up a bunch extra there as I kind of got the inkling this might happen and then spread them around later (at great profit to myself, err just kidding).

jeff

The car collection is GREAT for building up cars on the layout! It began with 3 cars in a box, till 2 and now we can only get cars from the 4cars in a pack variant, which usually includes 2 older, showa era type cars with 2 modern type cars... I totally agree they are WAY cute and the vast amount of details that go into such a small model is really amazing...

7 hours ago, bill937ca said:

I'm thinking too much competition scale wise. For a model of a Japanese car or light truck I prefer Tomica.

Meanwhile in Hong Kong, they are pranking people on the streets by packing up their real cars that are parked intoTomica boxes ~  🙂

4 hours ago, cteno4 said:

The smaller tomica I don’t find as real looking at all as tomytec 1\150 vehicles. Moulding is much coarser, dimensions usually on the pudgie side, they tend to use colored plastics for many parts (toy like) and have the toy like wheels. When I’ve put some I have that are near 1/150 out next to tomytec they really stick out as toys. I think in the early days of the tomytec vehicle collections there was a lot of novelty in the high quality but low cost and size of the tomytec as well as they were not toy like and very realistically made. But maybe the collectors market likes the cheaper looking toylike stuff.

jeff

I guess the Tomica are still more towards a children based type of toys instead of a real collector model? There are some which are very well done too, like the Tomica Limited Versions which features really realistic parts and details: 

Perhaps they are just like Plarail too, where children are the main target audience but there are also some adults who love them ~

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 1

I took my 2 kids to a Tomica event some years ago when we first moved back to Japan. Although the main attraction was designed for kids, there was plenty to attract adult collectors and some of the event only exclusive cars were being snapped up by very full-grown middle-aged children. 

We all got a little Tomica gift with the ticket price which was quite a nice bonus. Even though the choice was a vintage looking model or a futuristic hero fire engine thing, I have obviously raised my kids well as they both wanted the Daihatsu Midget. 

Tomica do produce some more detailed versions of iconic cars under the Tomica Premium line. These are usually ¥800 instead of the ¥400 regular priced ones but have a little bit more detail on things like interiors and wheels. Most are around the 1:64 scale which is annoying when there are very limited HO cars about in Japan.

2671ABFF-830C-4F0A-A65E-90FB6B99CA45.jpeg

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Maybe this can be of a little help ~ 😛

Wow! Just gloating, are you? Damn, that hits my jealousy button!!!

Actually, I always love browsing through the development of your layout. I always get new ideas. And it gives me encouragement. I feel that you're ahead of me on a similar learning curve and have achieved great results. Your layout is aesthetically one of the best out there, both in terms of the diorama itself and how you're incorporated it stylistically into your apartment. 

I've wanted to get one of those Aoshima parking buildings for a long time. I'm not sure if I saw it first on your layout or on Quinntopia. I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore but I bet there's one out there. I may have another look today. Thanks for the nudge!

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

I've wanted to get one of those Aoshima parking buildings for a long time. I'm not sure if I saw it first on your layout or on Quinntopia. I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore but I bet there's one out there. I may have another look today. Thanks for the nudge!

Outland Models also has a parking garage. Not sure if the Aoshima is available.    

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/174636238456?hash=item28a9218678:g:VDMAAOSw3Stft2kB

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1
On 5/15/2021 at 10:48 PM, gavino200 said:

Wow! Just gloating, are you? Damn, that hits my jealousy button!!!

Actually, I always love browsing through the development of your layout. I always get new ideas. And it gives me encouragement. I feel that you're ahead of me on a similar learning curve and have achieved great results. Your layout is aesthetically one of the best out there, both in terms of the diorama itself and how you're incorporated it stylistically into your apartment. 

AAwww... that made me blush haha~ Thanks for your kind words sir, they mean alot to me! I wouldnt say i'm ahead of you though, as i have been stagnent lately without much building done to eh layout, just running trains on it once a while... The heavy glasses on the table mght prove to be the very first obstacle to having this hobby into my later years..... 

That Aoshima parking garage is really awesome. I could have recalled i saw one set on Mandarake recently, but i guess it was snapped up so quickly it's gone now... 

• Like 1