Tomytec - New Releases

Das Steinkopf
4 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Haha why does this sound oh so familiar....   😛 

Yep, we both float in the same boat my dear friend.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:16 AM, Das Steinkopf said:

Just what I need more bloody trucks, I already have at least 40 of various sizes, mind you I will be getting this set as there are some pretty good trucks in there and as you said they are all new models, not too mention all the other detail parts

It was the other parts and the fact that the wing containers open on these ones that sold me. The smaller forklifts were something I've been looking for for a while but never was able to find something contemporary enough. Trucks are like KoKis and TaKis though if you model JR Freight, you never really have enough...

• Like 1
On 5/15/2020 at 8:30 PM, cteno4 said:

new small forklifts are nice they look to be the small kind that can even fit into the truck. Also featured in the new sawmill set

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10683519

We certainly don't need the giant terminal set, as cool as some of the component pieces are.  If the small forklifts aren't packaged separately at some point, we can alway get one or three Sawmill sets.  Crane trucks will always be handy for our various light industries and general travel on the roads.  Lumber trucks, hmm, we might expand to a mountain scene someday.  Might be required to add a mountain module if we've purchased lumber trucks...

6 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Lots of very small transfer terminals in japan!

True that.  But we do have a finite amount of space on the layout, and two small container terminals and a small taki terminal won, because trains.  Plus a small bus yard, a small taxi yard, and a small Yamato office for small local delivery vans; and then sadly a transfer terminal loses out of available real estate space.

Maybe one of the little transfer buildings at the container terminal to unpack and reload containers into smaller trucks? They are such fun scenes!

jeff

Yes, it would be a very fun scene for sure.  But we are working with very tightly compressed Shorty scenes and had to get pretty creative to make sure there was room for a small stack of containers, a couple of short flatbed trucks and just enough room for a good forklift driver to move the containers from tracks to stack and from stack to trucks.

If we ever add the extension module for the Suigun Line, there is just such a small truck transfer yard right by the tracks at Kami-Sugaya Station.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kami-Sugaya+Station/@36.4561797,140.4923882,347m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x602227b5f4382387:0x51c0efedd23ff777!8m2!3d36.4552447!4d140.4925765

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.456434,140.4917185,3a,75y,201.24h,85.75t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1saDAl0uPdMpY68pyGI-9wpw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Whee, Cat.

**edit**
We are safe right now from pre-ordering this, as we are both in budgetary agreement on not purchasing anything for possible Suigun Line use until the current modules are up and running.  But I'm curious on folks' experiences on the value of buying  blind box cartons.  in the past, I've always picked up specific desired boxes from re-sellers.

Edited by Cat

Cut one of the tomytec transfer buildings into quarters! New term “shorty” a scene!   😜

how about some shortie trucks?

jeff

• Haha 1

Usually with sets with secret cars, all boxes are blind and you have a small chance one of the regular set is replaced by the “special” car (or one of a few special cars).

jeff

What's the bell curve typically like for the number of doubles or triples, and consequent naughts, of any the not-secrets in a carton?

the tomytec sets are only replace one carton wirh a special and usually only one special and longer odd it seems like 1:10 or more.

I don’t know if bandai is the same.

jeff

Das Steinkopf
8 minutes ago, Cat said:

What's the bell curve typically like for the number of doubles or triples, and consequent naughts, of any the not-secrets in a carton?

Generally I would say they are complete sets, out of the 3 truck and trailer collection sets I have I only got the secret truck once and I have never got any doubles.

• Like 1

So a Tomytec carton of 8 would tend to be 8 different boxes then without duplicates?

** edit**
ah simultaneous posting ^^^

drat, this is looking more and more tempting with all the figures and bits thrown in too.

Ami Ami price, even more tempting....

Edited by Cat

I have a confession to make. I went back and re-reserved the thing. This is a sickness. I cant stop ordering these truck and trailer sets. I've got a pile of "collections" and their corresponding book cases that I haven't even opened yet 😲

• Haha 1

I caved and just put in the Ami Ami order.  Clicked SAL shipping, maybe that will be flying again come September.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, the set does include a Meitetsu Teddy Bear logo truck.

Edited by Cat
  • Haha 2
23 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

I have a confession to make. I went back and re-reserved the thing. This is a sickness. I cant stop ordering these truck and trailer sets. I've got a pile of "collections" and their corresponding book cases that I haven't even opened yet 😲

step one man, step one, admit you have a problem! You make me feel better as I don’t get the book cases! 😜

ive never heard of a tomytec set not having the complete set with duplicates, just one may be swapped for the special one.

jeff

5 minutes ago, Cat said:

I caved and just put in the Ami Ami order.  Clicked SAL shipping, maybe that will be flying again come September.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, the set does include a Meitetsu Teddy Bear logo truck.

I love the reserve items. I love how they sit there waiting like little extra birthday/Christmas gifts to be dispersed throughout the year. A gift for almost every month. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

step one man, step one, admit you have a problem! You make me feel better as I don’t get the book cases! 😜

But I don't want to move beyond step one. I like the problem!!

2 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

ive never heard of a tomytec set not having the complete set with duplicates, just one may be swapped for the special one.

jeff

What you talkin'bout Willis?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Gordon Werner

Happy to see TomyTec finally release the 3-car Deo1150 series 90th Anniversary Shintetsu set => https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10702147

and I am happy to see them release a current color version of the Deo1150 series as the center car was not previously available ... but WHY did they have to release the same exact set as the 90th anniversary one? (same cars 1151-1251-1152) => https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10702145 ... especially when Shintetsu had at least 1 other Deo1150 trainset ... 1154-1252-1153 ...

I mean I know it's not a huge deal, but I much rather have different cars than different versions of the same car ... maybe that's just me.

@&!T^$*. 

Now I just need to convince TomyTec to release models of the Shintetsu 2000, 5000, 6000, and 6500 series cars ... which SHOULD be right up their alley since the 2000/5000s are almost identical as are the 6000/6500s (the differences easily handled through how TomyTec already handles their Railway Collection models)

Anyway, still getting both of the Deo1150 sets (database in my signature has been updated) (also the Eizan one from the last round of announcements) 

=/

On 5/29/2020 at 9:20 PM, gavino200 said:

There's quite a big 'parking lot' on my layout where a bunch of trucks, buses and trailers 'parked' since I'm running out of room. Also it keeps growing...

Nah, time for the big elevated expressway going across part of the layout crammed with vehicles in a traffic jam!

jeff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Nah, time for the big elevated expressway going across part of the layout crammed with vehicles in a traffic jam!

jeff

Haha that sounds mighty Familiar ~  

• Haha 1