Tomytec - New Releases

GGGGrrrrr and I thought I was getting quite safe from spending more....

Railway Collection: 

The Railway Collection Tobu Railway Series 9000 Formation 9101 Existing Specification (10-Car Set)

The Railway Collection Tobu Railway Series 9000 Formation 9101 Existing Specification (4-Car Set)

The Railway Collection Yoro Railway Series 7700 Formation TQ12 (Green Kabuki) Three Car Set A (3-Car Set)

The Railway Collection Yoro Railway Series 7700 Formation TQ03 (Red Line) Three Car Set B (3-Car Set)

Bus Collection (😵😵)

The Bus Collection Hakone Tozan Bus Evangelion Bus (5 Cars Set)

The Bus Collection Odakyu Hakone Highway Bus Evangelion Wrapping (2 Cars Set)

The Bus Collection Vol.28 (12 Types + Secret/Set of 12)

The Bus Collection New Chitose Airport (CTS) Bus Set A (3 Cars Set)

And I just went crazy ordering all the bus sets and duplicate for both Hakone Evangelion bus sets cause 1 set is simply not enough for a Eva and Bus fan...  😱

12 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I'm really tempted by these Evangelion buses. But I think I may already have too many buses. 

What is this atrocious statement? There is never 'too many' buses! just like there is never too many trains!   😛

10 hours ago, cteno4 said:

sammy will tell you that you can never have too many busses...

jeff

ahah! That is so correct! 

I have been eyeing on the Eva buses when I saw them on facebook… and wished so hard Tomytec will do them.. and they finally did! 

• Haha 1
Das Steinkopf
22 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

GGGGrrrrr and I thought I was getting quite safe from spending more....

Railway Collection: 

The Railway Collection Tobu Railway Series 9000 Formation 9101 Existing Specification (10-Car Set)

The Railway Collection Tobu Railway Series 9000 Formation 9101 Existing Specification (4-Car Set)

The Railway Collection Yoro Railway Series 7700 Formation TQ12 (Green Kabuki) Three Car Set A (3-Car Set)

The Railway Collection Yoro Railway Series 7700 Formation TQ03 (Red Line) Three Car Set B (3-Car Set)

Bus Collection (😵😵)

The Bus Collection Hakone Tozan Bus Evangelion Bus (5 Cars Set)

The Bus Collection Odakyu Hakone Highway Bus Evangelion Wrapping (2 Cars Set)

The Bus Collection Vol.28 (12 Types + Secret/Set of 12)

The Bus Collection New Chitose Airport (CTS) Bus Set A (3 Cars Set)

And I just went crazy ordering all the bus sets and duplicate for both Hakone Evangelion bus sets cause 1 set is simply not enough for a Eva and Bus fan...  😱

Well I did warn you this was going to happen on another suppliers thread.

9 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

What is this atrocious statement? There is never 'too many' buses! just like there is never too many trains!   😛

Well, up until now, I've been convincing myself, and others, that I'm just buying busses as scenery for my layout. But there are only so many special wrapped buses that you can put on a single layout. If I buy any more wrapped busses, I'll have to admit that I'm developing a special wrapped bus addiction. I'm not sure I'm ready to accept that. 

Edited by gavino200
  • Haha 2
On 4/13/2020 at 5:17 AM, gavino200 said:

Just saw it today while browsing on Hobbysearch. While I really don't need any more buses, I just couldn't resist this accordion bus. 

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10690601

Resistance is futile... come to the BUS side.... it is your destiny.... wahahahaha  😛

On 4/13/2020 at 8:08 AM, cteno4 said:

blame sammy he has ruined us all...

jeff

Wahaha yeah but I don't know who I got mine from ~  😛  I simply cant resist the details that go into such a small model! 

• Haha 1

This is actually the first accordion bus I see in Japan. I guess they are not very common in Japan? I am curious if they will keep the "getting in at the rear and getting off at the front" method they use most often in Japan? Otherwise it seems a bit cumbersome to get off if the bus is very busy.

Will probably end up purchasing this bus too. I really like accordion buses.

Also, I loled at the "super aging society" part in the description.

Fenway Park

Transport for London got rid of their Citaro bendi buses as they had a tendency to catch fire frequently.

Hope MB have solved the problem.

I am pretty sure TfL only moved away from articulated buses because of a certain mayor and for no real, sensible reasons.

10 hours ago, Yavianice said:

I am curious if they will keep the "getting in at the rear and getting off at the front" method they use most often in Japan? Otherwise it seems a bit cumbersome to get off if the bus is very busy.

I think I saw an articulated bus once or twice in Japan but am no longer sure 😉    It has been a while.   However, I rode lots of busses in Japan before I was ever on a "enter in the back and pay in the front" bus, so, while I have since been on a bunch like that in various places, there are also a bunch where you pay as you get on and the exit from the back.

I understand that special permission is required from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism to  run articulated buses in Japan, just like running trains on the street like Enoden does requires special permission.

Edited by bill937ca
20 hours ago, Yavianice said:

This is actually the first accordion bus I see in Japan. I guess they are not very common in Japan?

Doing a little research, Japan actually has quite a number of Articulated buses (連接バス):

Nara Transport 'Yellow Liner'

Shinki Bus 'Orange Arrow' (model here)

Gifu bus 'Seiryu Liner' (model here)

Ohmi Railway 'Joint Liner'

Nankai Bus 

Keisei Bus (Model here)

Nishitetsu Bus 'Fuokoka BRT'

Niigata Kotsu 'ツインくる' (Twin Kuru) 

Kanazawa Chuo Kotsu 'Twin Liner' ツインライナー (mode here)

Nishitetsu Bus (Kitakyushu BRT) (model here)

Probably means Tomytec needs to buck up to keep up with these models ~  

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 4

Now that they are making a Mercedes Citaro mold, I expect them to make a lot of variants and also start producing European models of which there are a zillion variants.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Yavianice said:

I am curious if they will keep the "getting in at the rear and getting off at the front" method they use most often in Japan? Otherwise it seems a bit cumbersome to get off if the bus is very busy.

Generally, if the bus is a fixed fare type of bus and not distance related fare type, then you usually board at the front and get off at the rear, since the driver is up front and can help you with the payment. For distance related fare type buses (the further you go the more you pay), you get a 'keepu' and you keep it with you until your stop to alight. Go to the front of the bus and pay the fare according to the distance you have travelled; hence the boarding at the rear and alight at the front logic, cause the driver can assist you with the payment.. 

Here's a short video for fixed fare bus ride for boarding at the front:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n79cgRg0iCk

and a short video for distance related fare type for boarding at the rear:

15 hours ago, Fenway Park said:

Transport for London got rid of their Citaro bendi buses as they had a tendency to catch fire frequently.

Hope MB have solved the problem.

I think it was more for CNG type buses... Cause, yeah, CNG burns like:

Singapore is also looking to remove these articulated buses, cause... the roads are narrow and bus drivers are having a hard time manuvering these beasts around... 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Generally, if the bus is a fixed fare type of bus and not distance related fare type, then you usually board at the front and get off at the rear, since the driver is up front and can help you with the payment. For distance related fare type buses (the further you go the more you pay), you get a 'keepu' and you keep it with you until your stop to alight. Go to the front of the bus and pay the fare according to the distance you have travelled; hence the boarding at the rear and alight at the front logic, cause the driver can assist you with the payment..

Not sure what is meant with "keepu" here, maybe kippu (きっぷ)? The usual term is seiriken ("整理券"). More often these days you just tap your Pasmo or whatever when entering, then again on exit.

FWIW this is a usage guide for Nishitetsu's ones in Fukuoka:

http://www.nishitetsu.jp/bus/rensetsubus/#a04

Enter through centre or rear door; exit through the rear (single person use IC card only) or front doors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While we're on the subject, confusingly there are some buses where you board at the front and need to tell the driver where you're getting off so s/he can set the correct fare. Couple of routes I use occasionally in Tokyo do this.

Edited by railsquid
4 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Now that they are making a Mercedes Citaro mold, I expect them to make a lot of variants and also start producing European models of which there are a zillion variants.

Tomytec has been producing a Mercedes Citaro mold since 2016 first for Faller and then Japan.

https://omnibus.news/citaro-aus-japan

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/lineup/soko/soko014.html

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1
On 4/14/2020 at 7:50 PM, Yavianice said:

This is actually the first accordion bus I see in Japan. I guess they are not very common in Japan?

I'm open to correction on this, but as far as I know the first "accordion" buses in Japan were the Volvo B10MLs with Fuji Heavy Industry bodies built for the Tsukuba Expo in 1985. They ran under a special dispensation during the Expo, but MLIT and  the prefectural police were concerned about them running in general traffic due to their size. Out of a fleet of 100 buses, 79 were sold to Australian operators at the end of 1985. They must have been well built, because in 2020 some are still in regular service, usually on school runs or charter work.

Here's one that is locally based, belonging to Warrigal Charters at Wollongong. Since this photo was taken my son and I have had a ride in it, thanks to our friend Adam who works for Warrigal. It's a great old thing, a bit noisy but as solid as a rock! 🙂

spacer.png

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by marknewton
  • Like 2

Interesting that all the busses shown in the videos of articulated busses from @JR 500系 are either Mercedes or Scania -- mostly Mercedes.  Does not appear to be a large amount of local manufacture of such things.