Tomytec - New Releases

I'm running out room for trucks...also is there a particular reason all the Tetsudo Musume trains are released through The Railway Collection? Surely there's enough interest for a proper release with lighting. 

6 hours ago, bill937ca said:

Tomytec New Product Showcase photos - July, 2019 courtesy MTP.

Pikachu themed Kiha 100? I would like to order one immediately. 🙂 

• Like 1

My boys are going to love the Yamazaki bread trucks. They have a Tomica version and always announce when they spot a bread truck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What do the national bus collections contain?  The Yokohama one sounds interesting, but 3000yen is not 1 bus is it?

Oh I see it's 1/80 scale.

Edited by EdF

Any layout is not complete without a school girl holding a machine gun!

An unusual addition but this is Japan!

Battle Royale scene anyone?

Edited by Kamome
  • Haha 2

Given that Japan is the kind of place where guns are outlawed and the only outlaws with guns are a very exclusive minority with less than the average number of finger joints, it's a model of a "nerdy guy with a knife" which would cause outrage here.

• Like 1

Yes I know, it’s just that imagery has been pretty horrid of late and it just kind of made me flinch when it crept into the hobby. Realize it’s sposta be air-soft but just hit the eyeballs and gut a different way.

jeff

Japan has a big airsoft culture.   My son and I like walking on the airsoft floor at Joshnin Denki in Den Den town -- the Kid's one where the trains are on the next floor.  Lots of cool stuff.  And I've seen ads for big stores full of it.

Lots of manga/anima about girls with guns as well.

They're actually the Little Armory (guns made for 1/12th scale figures) girls. From left to right, Miyo Asato (w/ M4A1), Ena Toyosaki (w/ Howa Type 89), Maria Teryasu (w/ Barrett M82A1 [I've carried and fired this rifle and let's just say it stretches the imagination that a Japanese high school girl could]) and Rika Shiina (M4 Carbine). Why do I know this...

Also the other guys could be useful just as soldiers and not necessarily airsoft players. 

Edited by nah00
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Kamome said:

Any layout is not complete without a school girl holding a machine gun!

Very much standard Tomytec stuff.  Checkout the Tomytec video feed for machine gun toting school girl promos. 

Edited by bill937ca
1 hour ago, bill937ca said:

Very much standard Tomytec stuff.  Checkout the Tomytec video feed for machine gun toting school girl promos. 

How did I not notice they made a G-36C/K? Must've been a convention exclusive or something. 

That Kobe is actually interesting to me *now*.  SIgh.   After riding the subway in Kobe a ton this past summer as my SisIL lives quite far out from the Kobe city center.  I like having trains from where I've been.   I'll have to add this to my list.  I assume they take a standard Tomytech power unit and upgrades etc.

On 10/11/2019 at 6:38 PM, chadbag said:

Japan has a big airsoft culture.   My son and I like walking on the airsoft floor at Joshnin Denki in Den Den town -- the Kid's one where the trains are on the next floor.  Lots of cool stuff.  And I've seen ads for big stores full of it.

Lots of manga/anima about girls with guns as well.

"Será que tudo o que eu gosto / É imoral, é ilegal / Ou engorda..."

("Is everything that I like / Immoral, illegal /or fattening...")

From the song "Ilegal, Imoral ou Engorda" ("Illegal, Immoral or Fattening") by Leo Jaime (* 1960), Brazilian singer and song-writer.

Cheers NB

• Like 1
  • Haha 1