Tomix Wide Track Inserts

Gryphr

I've recently bought a Tomix Wide Rail pack to try them out and decided to install the "joiners" (the little plugs used to cover holes for the catenary masts/brackets for double tracking).

It seems like they are slightly too large and cause the outer wall of the holes to bend/almost break. (There are some white strains visible on the plastic after inserting the plugs and it's slightly bent outward). Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Edited by Gryphr

Are you referring to tram track or train track? Almost all of my Tomix track is packed away.  Maybe tomorrow I will be able to pull it out. In the meantime here are a couple of photos from 2016. The pins are inserted from below if I remember correctly.

IMG_4629 1024 x 768.jpg

IMG_4628 1024 x 768.jpg

Edited by bill937ca

The original poster is saying the holes are too small for the insets and the plastic is showing signs of stressing around the holes.

Edited by katoftw

Those plugs line up perfectly and work well for me. They have the single ones and the double ones. FWIW, I've installed quite a few meters of Wide Track and no problems with cracking or visible stress lines at the holes.