N scale people

At another forum I belong to they found this link for people in all scales for model RR.

The price is very good and the members have been happy with the results, so I decided to share the information with the members here. I placed an order for 500 people 1:150 scale they also have them at 1:160 scale. I believe the shipping is slow but I decided to take a chance. They also carry trees and other items. Word of note, members say the unpainted figures come painted as well. I'll report back when my people arrive. Here is the link:

http://stores.ebay.com/everydaygoodz_Model-Figures-People_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ14110996QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Darren Jeffries

They also do 50 N Cars for $6.95!!!!!!!!

That is a crazy price. Well worth the risk!

I figure even if the people aren't great, mix them up with Kato or Preisser figures and you might fool the viewer. Plus at that price, why not try putting passengers in your trains.

I should have 100 cars in my hands in a few weeks. . .

If they turn out well, I'll probably get some people to go with the bulk pack of Preiser people I ordered.

CaptOblivious

I've seen these before, and I've been tempted—but the photos attached to the auctions didn't say enough to convince me. Those of you who have purchased some, cars and people both, would you be willing to pose some large close-ups so we can see the level of detail, etc?

Also, Kashirigi, could I make the same request of your Preiser people? Having been really impressed with the Kato Preiser figures I have, I've been seriously eyeing the bulk packs, but it's hard to see exactly what the assortment is, and whether they'd be appropriate for Akihabara (I notice a lot of Preiser businessmen, for example, wear hats, which would be totally inappropriate for Japan, I think).

The people that I ordered came in. It took about 2 weeks and here are 2 photos of how they were delivered.

post-22-13569921857038_thumb.jpg

post-22-13569921857547_thumb.jpg

Martijn Meerts

That's a lot of them ;)

How's the detailing on them, and how varied are they considering both their pose and colors?

If I ever get around to actually building Tokyo Station, I think I'm gonna need quite a few of those little guys and girls =)

Darren Jeffries

What strikes me is that they seem to be quite colorful!!!! Are they as luminous as the picture leads me to believe?

Here is a photo comparing the people to Preisser people. (The Preisser are on the bottom)

As you can see the Preisser are finely detailed but you pay for it. I figure the Preisser can cost anywhere from $1.00 US on up whereas I paid $33.00 US for 500 people. (.07 per person) I got the 1:150 scale people, they seem very thin but I might try the 1:160 N scale if I order any more.

post-22-13569921857955_thumb.jpg

post-22-13569921858243_thumb.jpg

Darren Jeffries

A bit of creative mixing of people with the preiser pepes should make the purchase quite viable i would think... would make it harder to notice the distinct difference in quality than if you were to group a lot together.

Darren,

The people do have a gloss to them, but how about this, for the price, if you want, you can have passengers in your trains. Cut them in half and glue them in. It might look nice in a lighted train.

Martijn Meerts

Gloss is easy to get rid of anyway, just coat them with a dull clearcoat

CaptOblivious

Worth noting that the bulk unpainted Preiser figures are about 23¢–17¢ apiece—much less than the $1 apiece quoted above for painted figures! Granted, you have to paint them, which may not be your idea of a good time (as a wargamer addicted to painting tiny things, I don't see this as a problem).

Martijn Meerts

Preiser doesn't exactly have a lot of people painted in the more typical Japanese colors, so buying the pre-painted ones would only really be good for tourists =)

kashirigi

Well, I received my order of 100 cars, and I'm quite happy with them. There's a full review (such as it is) with pictures on my website. In summary -- they're generic, pretty well made and cheap, and don't come in green.

They're definitely worth the effort to attain. I ordered 500 people as a result. I suspect I may have to paint some black and navy suits on some of the people, though. I suspect the figures would benefit from the "Minwax Miracle Dip Technique" if you're looking for a low-effort, low cost detailing solution (pun unintentional).

kashirigi - I read your breakdown of the cars and like the people, it did sound too good for the price. The cars look really good, mix them with a few Tomy cars, trucks or buses and they'll blend right in. It's worth ordering the cars.

I wished I had ordered some of the 1:160 scale people to compare the difference to the 1:150 scale people. I can't imagine what the difference could be, it's so slight in scale.

Darren Jeffries

Well, I received my order of 100 cars, and I'm quite happy with them. There's a full review (such as it is) with pictures on my website. In summary -- they're generic, pretty well made and cheap, and don't come in green.

They're definitely worth the effort to attain. I ordered 500 people as a result. I suspect I may have to paint some black and navy suits on some of the people, though. I suspect the figures would benefit from the "Minwax Miracle Dip Technique" if you're looking for a low-effort, low cost detailing solution (pun unintentional).

Excellent review there. Thanks for the plug for JNS too!!!!

I have some on order as we speak, like you said, what have i got to lose?