EdF

Kato "DCC Friendly" Database

EdF

I don't know, but I'd guess it's the same as similar vintage TGVs. Which seem to be 6 pin ready.

Edited by EdF

Kiha66
12 hours ago, DavidT said:

Hi all, 

I just purchased an N scale Kato 10719-1 AVE Serie 100.  It is second hand off eBay and the seller is unable to advise if it is DCC friendly.   Was just wondering if anyone knows if it’s DCC friendly, and if so, which decoder should I use?  This is a photo of the box it comes in which may give some indication of age.

Thanks

I dont have this particular train, but according to this older thread it seems to use a similar chassis to the kato E units.  When it comes you can pop the shell off and we should be able to advise you on the proper decoder for it.  It should be a fairly simple installation. 

Edited by Kiha66

chadbag
On 8/6/2019 at 12:55 AM, DavidT said:

Hi all, 

I just purchased an N scale Kato 10719-1 AVE Serie 100.  It is second hand off eBay and the seller is unable to advise if it is DCC friendly.   Was just wondering if anyone knows if it’s DCC friendly, and if so, which decoder should I use?  This is a photo of the box it comes in which may give some indication of age.

Thanks

s-l1600.jpg

I don't speak Spanish(?) but it does mention DCC right on the box!  (lower left).  I would assume EM13 but we can verify if you take a picture of the bottom of the powered car.  There should be a hatch on it removable.  Find and remove it and take another pic.  Post pics 🙂

ETA:  Or as some have said, maybe 6 pin ready.  Did it come with operating instructions?  DCC is mentioned on the box so we just need to figure out what sort of interface

Edited by chadbag

DavidT

I have been in touch with Digitrax and they advise either an DZ126IN or possibly the DN163K0A will work.  I did not even see that DCC text on the box otherwise I would not have posted the question here  - must be loosing it as I get older!!!

chadbag
21 minutes ago, DavidT said:

I have been in touch with Digitrax and they advise either an DZ126IN or possibly the DN163K0A will work.  I did not even see that DCC text on the box otherwise I would not have posted the question here  - must be loosing it as I get older!!!

We still don't know which DCC interface is intended so popping the shell would be interesting.

Blackcaim

Hi guys, my digitrax DN163K4a arrived. So we installed it, and it works. We followed mike fifer’s hobby supply video for the SDP40F train which also uses the DN163K4a as a guide. Below is a picture of the installed decoder. 

E887C221-0A79-4BB2-8F68-6586BD971D1E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

jozasa

Kato Odoriko Superview, ref. 10-1576 is NOT DCC-ready. You have to hardwire everything, motor car and end coaches for directional lights.

Done and tested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JanW
On 10/5/2018 at 9:05 PM, EdF said:

New DCC Friendly list for Kato.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qRGTOaq-4F89xph3ZxL5iKxM5jptkeoNw77t3X-STY4/edit?usp=drivesdk

If you have new data or updates, please reply here and I will incorporate the changes

Please keep replies to just updates, if you have installation issues/questions, please start a thread for that model.

Thanks, Ed

Ed,

I have two updates for you: 

I found that a small company in Okayama (website: http://www.snjpn.com/ngdcc/indexj.htm) produces various boards for various engines including (not on your list):

EF56 (Kato 3070-1) with decoder board DE29x2_56K (http://www.snjpn.com/ngdcc/de29/de29x2_56k.htm

This board will also fit (it replaces the same lighting board) in my ED75-700 (Kato 3075-3).   This one is not on your list either. 

Note that Mr Shuhei Eimatsu also produces a board for the popular Tomix cleaning car. (Tomix 6425) 

Kind regards

Jan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

chadbag

NGDCC is a great company to deal with.  I've ordered a few times from him (I think it is basically one guy).  I've only bought various function decoders but he is very helpful.