Sotetsu announces 12000 series for JR through services

trainsforever8

On 10/3/2018 at 1:17 PM, trainsforever8 said:

Kabuki Shishiguchi mask

lol I had to look that up.  I think this is a pretty good looking design although in general I don't care for faux grilles.

• Like 2
  • Densha changed the title to Sotetsu announces 12000 series for JR through services
9 hours ago, miyakoji said:

lol I had to look that up.  I think this is a pretty good looking design although in general I don't care for faux grilles.

Fake grilles are terrible. At least they got rid of them in the Tesla Model 3.

Coming in eight days 4/20/2019. Now there will be the Sotestu 12000 (for JR direct service) and the Sotestu 20000 (for Tokyu line direct service). 

When railways begin direct through routings new stock is usually designed to match the signalling and engineering requirements of the combined lines.

Not to be confused with the Sotestu 20000 (for connection with Tokyu lines) which debuted 2/2018.

Looks like it should be painted brown and running excursions on Kyushu 😉

So...when this connection with the Sotetsu is open, the following lines will have direct or indirect operational dependencies:

- Sotetsu

- JR Shonan-Shinjuku/Saikyo line
- Tokyu Toyoko line

- Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin line

- Tokyo Metro Yurakucho line

- Seibu Ikebukuro line

- Tobu Tojo line

- Rinkai line

- Minato Mirai line

• Like 1

Judging by the electronic trip planners there is  a separate fare each time you pass onto another line starting with the minimum fare for each carrier. 

That's always the case (though sometimes you can get special tickets with a discount).

I am thinking about what happens when issues on one line have knock-on effects. When it all works it's fine, but all it takes is one issue on one of the interconnected lines and things get complicated.

• Like 1
Shinkansenrailfan
On 9/3/2019 at 12:05 PM, railsquid said:

First 12000 series to reach Shinjuku Station:

They’ve been conducting test runs beyond Ōmiya already, haha. They’ve ran as far as Kawagoe now, completing the entire Saikyō-Kawagoe Line route

Edited by Shinkansenrailfan