Inspirational Rolling Stock Builds & Kitbashes

Lina_Blue

On 8/21/2018 at 6:28 AM, Kamome said:

I’ve seen lots of small pre-painted tank kits here in Japan. They’re usually 1:144 scale but close enough to not really notice. 

For WWII tanks it can be a bit more noticeable (that Hetzer is huge) but there are also differences in scale in 1/144 from one vendor to another. I could probably do a Kuromoromine or Pravda train but I'd have to make decals. 

Really nice example of using a cheap Tetsudou Collection train to create something else, this time a fictional electric loco that could just have run on the Kobe Railway.

On 8/20/2018 at 9:48 AM, JR 500系 said:

A whole mirage of custom built, self painted, sometimes fantasy liveries!

Just came across this post while searching for something.

Wow, that's a stunning scale model of Oarai Station at 0:39!!!

**edit**

They got the vending machines right.
: 3

**edit edit**
And the Series 6000 flower boxes!!

Edited by Cat
  • Like 2
ranger10178
19 minutes ago, Cat said:

Just came across this post while searching for something.

Wow, that's a stunning scale model of Oarai Station at 0:39!!!

**edit**

They got the vending machines right.
: 3

That's friggin amazing!

Whilst browsing across the interwebs in the past, I've often come across a seller who takes Kato models and gives them a very thorough upgrade with purchased and self-made detail parts to create versions of locomotives that just aren't available off-the-shelf.

The seller, who goes by the ID ten3pu17, also has their own blog, which hasn't been updated since 2016 although the seller has clearly been active since then. I'm in awe of the first locomotive that comes up, a D61 made using a 2016-3 D51 (Hokkaido ver.) as the base! As the blog's web address suggests, they also prefer steam locomotives though there are more than a few electric locomotives in there too.

For an example of his current offerings, here's Hitoyoshi-based D51 572, built around a 2016-9 standard D51. Unfortunately for foreign buyers, the seller will not sell to foreign or proxy buyers, so if you're not based in Japan, you can only envy the skills this seller has. I know I do!

On 2/16/2023 at 6:47 AM, cteno4 said:

Nice work.

Narichi San at MTP might be able to purchase and ship.

Jeff

I'm sure he could - but the models themselves are so expensive, it wouldn't be worthwhile. The seller wants ¥80,000 for the D51 in the linked auction, at that price it can stay where it is!