2 interesting web cams

harukablue

looks like a couple of trains pushed their way in!

gotta get back on watching waka!

cheers

jeff

I haven't figured out how to take a screen shot but five hours later those two trains are still there, doesn't look like anything's going anywhere.

According to the JR East web site, the Banetsu-sai Line between Koriyama and Tsugawa (which includes Aizu-Wakamatsu)  is closed due to heavy snow until approx 15:00 JST today (Dec. 26). 

looks like a couple of trains pushed their way in!

gotta get back on watching waka!

cheers

jeff

I haven't figured out how to take a screen shot but five hours later those two trains are still there, doesn't look like anything's going anywhere.

I used Ctrl+Print Screen, pasted it into a photo editor program and cropped to suit  :cool:

Edit: 1 gone, 1 to go

usually the fastest and easiest way is to use the operating system's screen grab command (ie comman prntscrn on the pc or what ever you have the mac OS set for) and a image editor like Lawrence suggests. alternatively there are a few little utilities out there that will give you some more options.

if you really want to get adventurous you can also load VLC player and grab video as well! you can have some fun with them

or let the record run to grab those pesky puffers who pop in now and then!

cheers

jeff

its been so soothing today to have waka running again in the background. the sounds of the station are really nice. now to just get the a new dvi adaptor (had to steal mine to hook up the wife's new mac mini) so i can run it on the second screen, where it becomes a nice little window onto japan! too bad the video cant be time shifted!

it looks like things are getting going again as one train is gone and i have heard a lot of rumbling and scraping which i guess maybe the snow plow out clearing tracks...

cheers

jeff

pretty wild take off of the train on the right that had been there for a while. amazing amount of arcing of the pantograph on the catenary as it cleaned off the ice!

large amounts of snow also still hanging on the car roofs after a few trips unless these are all originating from the yards here this early.

cheers

jeff

The Aizu region in Fukushima prefecture saw a record amount of precipitation these past few days.  Only this morning 300+ drivers and their vehicles were able to leave after being stranded for 33 hours on a mountain road in Nishi Aizu town. According to the JR East website, the Banetsu-sai Line is still subject to delays.

Does anybody know how I can get a continuous feed in QT, VLC, or MPEG-Streamclip? So far, I can get roughly a minute of video to load, and then that just loops. Short of closing the window and re-opening the URL, I can't see how to get video from after that initial minute.

scott,

are you using the most recent vlc (1.1.5)? it does take a little while to click in. also when its snowing or raining the feed freaks out some i think from the encoder having trouble with things changing all over the screen at once!

jeff

You must've been recording the same time I had it up. I got about ten screen shots of that. Thought about reviving to the aizuwakamatsu thread, but didn't have time to.

I thought i saw something that looked like a plow wayyy off in the distance but when i blew it up it could be anything, just something said to me plow. then a few minutes later it came on in! then was a scramble to set up the recording again, its been a while, but luckily was able to fire it up and catch the good action!

cheers

jeff

Found another webcam, don't know if it has already been posted, seems to look over Iwaki Station

http://www.nttfukushima.com/live/iwaki/Default.html'>http://www.nttfukushima.com/live/iwaki/Default.html

also, if you go to http://www.nttfukushima.com/ there is a map with cameras on it, as you know I don't speak Japanese  :dontknow: so someone might like to take a look at this page and see if what's going on is of interest  :grin

thought i would burp the old wakamatsu web cam thread. its still going strong with a good resolution and speed connection. it streams well all evening long! direct stream pull still works for vlc.

lights are now out at night after the last train, guess its still power restrictions from fukushima

http://www.nttfukushima.com/live/jr_aizu/Default.html

cheers

jeff