DCC sound decoder for tomix E5?

IronLover64

I have been looking on the internet 24/7, but there isn't a single site that can show me how to put a dcc sound decoder on a tomix shinkansen E5. Not only that, I can't find a sound decoder that has the shinkansen sound anywhere. Can somebody please help?

Tomix trains are not really DCC friendly, but putting a sound decoder into one of the motor cars should be easy.

First isolate the motor tabs from the pickup strips. Them connect the decoder track wires to the pickup strips and the motor output wires to the motor tabs. Add the speaker anywhere you prefer and connect it to the decoder.

Wire normal headlight decoders into the cab cars, reversing the white and yellow wires in the back cab. (relative to the normal forward direction indicated in the motor car) You can either mod your light boards for DCC or get bipolar headlight decoders that could directly drive the unmodified boards.

As for shinkansen sounds, i can't really help but i'm sure other people here have more info.

Need for High Speed

Did Tomix ever make the E5 in HO? I didn't think so.

But decoders for both scales are sometimes interchangeable but with the E5, Tomix n sale or kato HO its not always easy to put DCC in them it requires actively hard wiring one in and you need three decoders one in the power car and the others in the cabs. Then consist them together so you have working lights and just add the same Address to each one. 

Although some have claimed that the Kato HO one has Nscale decoder plugs in the cabs or at least they are built to accommodate them. But I am not 100% sure on that as I don't have an E5 yet.  Wiring up an N scale train is not impossible but I'd say much harder than HO because of size but that's just me. If you need to know how to properly wire a decoder into a train their are diagrams online the explain what the different wires are and it also depends on what type or brand you get but essentially they are the same for the most part and if you want sound and stuff it can get expensive, although some people use the ICE3 sound files in their shinkansens.