Trying out something new.........

macdon

Coming back after a 3yr break from trains, I thought blank (5'x10' & 3'x7') tables would entice me to build 2 new layouts. However, after varying track plans........it still felt like the old. I needed to draw up new design considerations and start fresh, so both tables had to go. With the blank attic space, an idea of possibly doing a shelf layout came to mind - but I didnt like the "permanent" wood works involved. I also wanted the flexibility to change shape, alter or swap out section(s) at a moments notice if needed, without much difficulty. Currently, Im using 2'x4' tables as we have a few in storage and frankly im not too thrilled about having just 2' of width.........but the concept has certainly grew on me during the first few days of construction as I've experienced some advantages that I didnt have before.

One design consideration is also to go DCC, so im looking into the viability of it! :)

Mardon 

IMG_6296 copy.jpg

IMG_6297 copy.jpg

IMG_6298 copy.jpg

IMG_6299 copy.jpg

• Like 13

Hi Mardon, great to see you back! Hope everything is fine!

I recall your layout as I always remember that crossover passageway above the door of your attic ~ 🙂

Looking forward to see this complete, it is huge and has lots of potential!