Converting the Kato Snow plow

gavino200

Thanks Gavino for you tips here, I also had trouble with the snowplow, I'll try now to solder the light board at the decocder first and then place everything in place

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Melandir said:

Thanks Gavino for you tips here, I also had trouble with the snowplow, I'll try now to solder the light board at the decocder first and then place everything in place

Using a tiny bit of "Adhesive putty" to hold the copper strips in place was also very helpful. I'm talking about that sticky stuff that's usually used to hang posters on walls. In the UK it's called "blue tac". I use a tiny amount - maybe about 1.5 or 2mm and put it over the little plastic knob that fits through the hole in the copper strips. Otherwise they keep falling out of place and are a real pain.

Just now, Melandir said:

I'll remember that too, do I need to also remove the small copper bars or you have been able to install everything with them?

I don't strictly know the answer to that. All I can say is that I tried and tried multiple times to get it to work using all three copper parts (one each side). The long flat copper piece, the short flat copper piece, and the short complex shaped copper piece. I failed every time. Then I tried it without including the short copper pieces, and it worked. I repeated with the second snow plow and it also worked. 

If there is a way to include the short flat copper pieces, I don't know it. But it works fine without them.