163 online Sept. 9th

I just looked at the front page of the forum and it says we had 163 people online on Sept 9th. That is a big jump from the previous record of 42 people online. Did we have a "Bake Sale" or was someone giving something away at the forum....like Lottery tickets?  :grin

90% of it probably were bot searches or something, or a DNS attack. It would explain why the past three or four days I've had trouble getting the home page to launch.  :binkybaby:

163 online, when the number of total members is 171? That is .. (wait a sec, pulling out calculator) .. wow, 95% of total members online :grin

I just looked at the front page of the forum and it says we had 163 people online on Sept 9th. That is a big jump from the previous record of 42 people online. Did we have a "Bake Sale" or was someone giving something away at the forum....like Lottery tickets?  :grin

Are you sure the page is secure and it wasn't 3 members and 150 hackers.  Isn't September 16, 2009, 02:37:03 AM about 9:30 PM our time?

I concur with Shashinka that it was most likely bots. The logs don't show anything out of the ordinary (but I haven't done a thorough analysis to see where the spike in traffic came from).

Remember, that number just means all at the same moment. We get way more than 170 visitors a day, members, guests and bots (search engines and spambots) alike. That on that one day, a ton of bots happened to hit all at once is not only unsurprisingly, but utterly un-noteworthy.

Hate to burst the bubble…

Still, I'll take a closer look later this week and make sure nothing fishy was up.