Is there anywhere I can easily check line frequency?

bluejeans

I'd like it to be able to show the destination in map form, with google maps is a spot interests me, I have to give it a destination station and fiddle around until I find the end of the line (not to mention having to browse schedule explorer)

When I was in Japan I bought all the timetable books I could find, even though I can't read Japanese.

Hyperdia is a little easier to use for this purpose but I still have to give it as much info as google maps.

Hyperdia is your best bet after a official timetable book.  Takes seconds to input two station names and then click "interval timetable".

5 hours ago, katoftw said:

Hyperdia is your best bet after a official timetable book.  Takes seconds to input two station names and then click "interval timetable".

How long would it take to learn enough Japanese to read a timetable book?  Going by google translates' image translator, feeding all the pages into an ocr reader and translating would probably take longer with lesser results.

• Densha changed the title to Is there anywhere I can easily check line frequency?

Ekikara is your friend. For example, on this page you can see all Yamanote Line departures from Tokyo station on weekdays. It is only in Japanese though, and requires a bit of a learning curve. If you know how to use it, Ekikara becomes a very powerful tool however.