Ordering from HW Japan (questions)

bc6

Last night I placed and order at HW Japan around 1am est and got a confirmation. The confirmation said I didnt have to pay yet until it was ready to ship.  How long does it take them to ship usally, they only had one Super View (New Color) Series 251 add-on in stock. 

I ordered my Haro from them. I got several notices, conformations emails, but then nothing, though when I inquired after a week, Scott replied pretty quickly.

It took weeks for mine to ship because they did not have it in stock, and right when  I was going to can the order, he got one in which in retrospect was amazing since the item was LE and hard to get.

Of course, if your order item is in stock, it should take a day or two to ship.

HW is very reliable. The ordering process might not be as simple and quick as those from other Internet shops but it's nonetheless very effective. You don't have to worry, nobody will "steal" your package. ;)

Usually, when the items are in stock, they are ready during the following open hours. You will then receive the payment notice and a shipment notice a day or two after the payment was made. At best I will say that shipping takes place three to four days after you place an order and in my experience "back order" items usually take 5 to 7 days to be shiped. But these time are greatly dependant on how quickly you make your payment.

If an item is in stock, and I order during the evening, I will have the payment request next morning (assuming its a business day in Japan).   Sunday evening eastern North America is Monday morning in Japan.  Friday evening in the eastern North America is Saturday morning in Japan.

I keep this link close by on my computer so i know the current day and time in Japan.

http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/results.html?query=Tokyo

Next week is Silver Week in Japan.  Hobby Search, Hobby World Japan and Rainbow Ten will be closed Saturday September 19 through Wednesday September 23rd and reopen on Thursday September 24th.  This is something new.  Some people in Japan hope Sliver Week will become an annual event like Golden Week. I will post more detailed explanation later.

Next week is Sliver Week in Japan.  Hobby Search, Hobby World Japan and Rainbow Ten will be closed Saturday September 19 through Wednesday September 23rd and reopen on Thursday September 24th.  This is something new.  Some people in Japan hope Sliver Week will become an annual event like Golden Week. I will post more detailed explanation later.

Don't tell me the next holiday is going to be "Bronze Week". I know Tokyo is bidding on the 2016 Summer Olympics but that would be too much. :)

Next week is Silver Week in Japan.  Hobby Search, Hobby World Japan and Rainbow Ten will be closed Saturday September 19 through Wednesday September 23rd and reopen on Thursday September 24th.  This is something new.  Some people in Japan hope Sliver Week will become an annual event like Golden Week. I will post more detailed explanation later.

Don't tell me the next holiday is going to be "Bronze Week". I know Tokyo is bidding on the 2016 Summer Olympics but that would be too much. :)

You got it.  :laugh:  How else is there going to be any room on the train for anyone in Tokyo??  Actually Japanese National Holidays are usually the busiest days of the year for the railways.  Maybe they should just get everyone free Sake!   :laugh:

Next week is Sliver Week in Japan.  Hobby Search, Hobby World Japan and Rainbow Ten will be closed Saturday September 19 through Wednesday September 23rd and reopen on Thursday September 24th.  This is something new.  Some people in Japan hope Sliver Week will become an annual event like Golden Week. I will post more detailed explanation later.

Don't for Platinum Week. Bad enough just got through Ghost Month in Sing.

If an item is in stock, and I order during the evening, I will have the payment request next morning (assuming its a business day in Japan).   Sunday evening eastern North America is Monday morning in Japan.  Friday evening in the eastern North America is Saturday morning in Japan.

I keep this link close by on my computer so i know the current day and time in Japan.

http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/results.html?query=Tokyo

Thanks for the info Bill, I was hoping to get my order shipped before the holidays. Plus I couldn't refuse the price of that set & it was the last one in stock.  :grin

Just an update, I got my email to pay so Im happy. Im only a few days away from my first complete set. Its more like, "your shipment will be made within two to four business days".  :grin

A question for those who have ordered from Hobby World using SAL - is there is a shipment notification?

I placed a SAL order on the 7th, paid on the 8th, and it still shows as "Ready" on the order status screen, with no email about a shipment.

David,

i would contact them, sounds like something is stuck. when they have everything ready to ship is when they send you the email asking for payment. then about a day later you get an order shipping email. then 1-3 weeks in SAL shipping time...

a couple of times the credit card transaction got stuck in the verification process and that mucked up things till they reset it and i went through the payment process again.

never had anything lost with hobby world, they are always helpful and never any items amiss in an order (way too many order to them from me!) HobbySearch has goofed a couple of times and not sent all the items, but always sent the missing items straight away ems.

cheers

jeff

We're dealing with the Japanese service ethic here, I find if you politely let them know of a problem, most times even if it's not their fault, they'll do anything short of flying out and delivering the items to you in person, and you'll never see an email with the words 'sorry' and 'regret' used more often.