Decoder installing in the M250 Super Rail cargo

domino

Martijn Meerts

Have a look at http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,155.msg618.html#msg618

On a side note, my M250 currently gets extremely hot even after short periods of running. I've ran it for many hours after converting it without problems and without it running hot, but when I tried it again recently, the motor and the metal frame were extremely hot. Not sure what the cause is.

Hello.

My son has this train and we'd like to get it converted to dcc.

I've pulled the cab & cargo container off, but cannot figure out what (or how) to remove next to get to wires, contacts or anything to solder the decoder to. 

Do we remove the trucks?  How does the motor come out?

Any suggestions, descriptions or photos of what to do would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Have a look at http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,155.msg618.html#msg618

On a side note, my M250 currently gets extremely hot even after short periods of running. I've ran it for many hours after converting it without problems and without it running hot, but when I tried it again recently, the motor and the metal frame were extremely hot. Not sure what the cause is.

Martin I was looking at your M250 and noticed it had a short or potential short on the black wire. When I first read this I though it would be some kind of floating ground that would cause this type of problem and saw this. The black wire is worn along the block.

08-kato_m250_decoder.jpg

This is old and I don't know it you found this already.

Inobu

Martijn Meerts

I haven't looked at the train since noticing the problem, but yeah, the black wire is definitely worn. I'll need to look at that.

I do wonder why it's only the black wire though ;)