Kato 1-705 DD 10 loco

emdgp15t

Can you guys help me.Want to buy here in Germany a Kato DD 10 Loco (1-705).But i can´t find anything about  if it is DCC ready or the Decoder has to hard wired in the loco.

Hello,

By the model number (1-705) I guess it's a DE10 and not a DD 10. In this case, it is not DCC ready. I think there are specific decoders from digitrax to replace the existing light board, easy conversion, but I don't know the exact model.

As I cannot buy these specific Digitrax decoders in my country (at least at a reasonable price), I used a wired decoder (http://www.clubncaldes.com/2015/08/de10-dcc-conversion.html), but I don't recommend my solution cutting the light board. It's difficult to keep it in place. Better do not cut completely the board and use the smallest possible decoder, just cut the needed cooper tracks to solder the decoder properly.

Cheers,

Dani

Sorry! Now I realized it is an H0 model!! Do not trust my previous answer, my experience is limited to N scale only.

I do not own this model myself, but from the pictures I was able to find online the light board has an 8 pin NMRA dcc plug.  Even if that didn't work, it looks relatively easy to hard wire for dcc.

e0202871_22192110.jpg.34f9324c0172a606b5d43aef3bcc66f4.jpg

Edited by Kiha66

Thanks very much guys.The Picture from Kiha66 reminds me of a Kato SD40 , seems to be the same mainboard and motorclips.