Hosoigawa Station, Hankai Line - B Train 12x24" Layout

nickhp

That ALL looks amazing. For the terrace house roof, did you put a single thin piece of styrene between the two halves? Or it that how the material comes?

I forgot to mention that I cut two pieces of board and batten.  I then placed one half on a flat surface and glued a piece of 3/64" round rod to the top edge.  I then placed the second piece up to the rod while the first half of the roof was taped to the building to get the angle right.  You can see that in the fourth photo.  I then tacked the second piece in place before going across the length of the roof with styrene cement.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by nickhp
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, nickhp said:

I forgot to mention that I cut two pieces of board and batten.  I then placed one half on a flat surface and glued a piece of 3/64" round rod to the top edge.  I then placed the second piece up to the rod while the first half of the roof was taped to the building to get the angle right.  You can see that in the fourth photo.  I then tacked the second piece in place before going across the length of the roof with styrene cement.

Cheers,

Nick

Thanks for the details. Is 'styrene cement' the same thing as 'polystyrene cement" - aka Airfix glue?

34 minutes ago, Khaul said:

What a cute little platform. 

Thanks!  Somewhat based on the prototype but I used the materials on hand to build a proximity rather than scratchbuild an accurate replica (see attached screen grab).

Jef - thank you!

Gavin - the stuff I use is either Tamiya extra thin cement or Testors liquid cement.  Both are liquids that contain acetone and MEK.  Not sure about the airfix stuff, is it literally a liquid or is it more of a gel type glue?  Both glues i use are liquid, the Tamiya comes with a brush to apply, the testors a fine tip nozzle.  You can find both at hobby lobby.

Cheers,

Nick

Proto 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Tamiya Thin or even more liguid Extra Thin (the one i use), works like a soldering process. It is melting the plastic and fuses the parts togever. The solvants are ultra volatil and dont lets marks off gluing on the models. I is working by capilarity witch is very cool to get nice adjustements. You can make realy neat gluing with this stuff. Like Nick i higthly recommand the product ! Its a must have for stryrene work.

Mr HOBBY have pretty the same product that is working also very nice.

Edited by Bubule
  • Thanks 1