Hello from Singapore

gtsfrost

Hi all! Joel here from Singapore, a little red dot. 

Been in love with the Shinkansen since young, and basically got plarail models until I shifted to N-scale in 2015.

Got most of my trains on my trips to Japan

Currently in collection (Kato N Scale)

500 series 16 car + a few spare to make another 6 car

500 series (eva) 8 car (manage to grab one on launch date)

N700 series 16 car

H5 series 10 car (got on my most recent trip)

Am looking at the E6 (for coupling) and also W7 the next time round there~

And also the super hokuto ltd express in Hakodate - Shin Sapporo route 😄

It's quite hard to find Kato models in Singapore and my usual shopping place is either in Osaka Den Den Town or Akihabara Tam Tam Hobby!

Sadly, for modelling in an apartment here (In Singapore) is difficult due to lack of space. I have even problems displaying my train set without it extending out of my room.

Anyone with similar situations please share your advice 😄

But anyway nice to meet you all! Hope to learn more from you guys! 

Cheers!

24 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Paging @JR 500系 !

Yo ~~

Hi Joel! Yes I am also here on this little red dot~~ and with some planning and ideas we can also have nice layouts and displays! Check out my response on your other thread~

As for Kato models in Singapore, there is only one source, online! Check out the online suppliers thread for them. As for Tomix, I am sure you have heard of SingRails and they are now carrying most Tomix products ~

Cheers and welcome!

Welcome Joel, glad you found us! Jr will have some ideas for you! Few folks here on the forum doing some space saving layouts like folding them down from a wall. Folks also roll them under beds and such, even lower from the ceiling!

enjoy the forum.

cheers

jeff

serotta1972

Oh no, JR500 has lost his status as the only N Scale Model Railroader in Singapore.  But at least now you can form a group, JRM Singapore. 🙂

Welcome, Joel! Another source for N Scale Japanese Trains in Singapore is actually JR500. 🙂

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Oh no, JR500 has lost his status as the only N Scale Model Railroader in Singapore.  But at least now you can form a group, JRM Singapore. 🙂

Welcome, Joel! Another source for N Scale Japanese Trains in Singapore is actually JR500. 🙂

Oops, didn't know haha! The N Scale Modellers in Singapore is not really that popular but glad to find someone who has the same interest!

On 7/6/2018 at 7:56 PM, JR 500系 said:

Yo ~~

Hi Joel! Yes I am also here on this little red dot~~ and with some planning and ideas we can also have nice layouts and displays! Check out my response on your other thread~

As for Kato models in Singapore, there is only one source, online! Check out the online suppliers thread for them. As for Tomix, I am sure you have heard of SingRails and they are now carrying most Tomix products ~

Cheers and welcome!

Yeap, visited them before at his home before they have shifted over to the new place. Online like 1999co, etc, are some websites I know that can get kato sets, but usually during my pilgrimage to the land of the rising sun, I am sure to grab back one from there. 

Will also check out your response 😄 

Currently I am thinking of lining acrylic types around my house, but it's quite expensive and difficult, and the need to drill holes. 

I wonder if you recall the king albert park mcdonalds during the early 1990s, they have this train set running around the place high up.

To the rest, thanks for the welcome! 😄  

14 hours ago, gtsfrost said:

Oops, didn't know haha! The N Scale Modellers in Singapore is not really that popular but glad to find someone who has the same interest!

Hey man, it' ok! Serotta1972 was just pulling your leg! Always glad to see another fan, especially Japanese train model fans!

14 hours ago, gtsfrost said:

Yeap, visited them before at his home before they have shifted over to the new place. Online like 1999co, etc, are some websites I know that can get kato sets, but usually during my pilgrimage to the land of the rising sun, I am sure to grab back one from there. 

Will also check out your response 😄 

Currently I am thinking of lining acrylic types around my house, but it's quite expensive and difficult, and the need to drill holes. 

I wonder if you recall the king albert park mcdonalds during the early 1990s, they have this train set running around the place high up.

Yeah they moved to a new place now, though I haven't been there yet myself... The store owner is a friend, and he's quite friendly, though he is still not taking in Kato models. Guess we can only depend on our online suppliers for them for now... 

Yeah I remembered KAP! And the McDonnalds where we spent long hours studying for our examinations then! Too bad it got torn down now... 

See you around! Cheers!