Rokuhan - New Releases

Very cool! Rokuhan's main office is located almost next to Tochigi station, so it's not very unsurprising this model was announced. I wonder if they're going to risk themselves on other regional Tōbu models, like the Spacia and 6050 series, as I feel these are kind of essential to go with their Revaty and Taiju releases.

We now have a PlaRail version just released and a Z-scale model announced. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Tomix doing an N-scale model of the Revaty.

• Like 2
JR 500系

Please don't do the Revaty Please don't do the Revaty  Please don't do the Revaty Please don't do the Revaty Please don't do the Revaty

• Like 2
On 5.5.2018 at 6:10 AM, JR 500系 said:

Please don't do the Revaty Please don't do the Revaty  Please don't do the Revaty Please don't do the Revaty Please don't do the Revaty

Oi, why not?

(And they'll do it, anyway...)

On 5.5.2018 at 1:53 AM, Kabutoni said:

Very cool! Rokuhan's main office is located almost next to Tochigi station, so it's not very unsurprising this model was announced. I wonder if they're going to risk themselves on other regional Tōbu models, like the Spacia and 6050 series, as I feel these are kind of essential to go with their Revaty and Taiju releases.

I've been thinking about this issue for a while now, and I see it slightly different (but only ever so slightly!).

From an economical point of view, I consider the Taiju release as almost a no-brainer: Rokuhan had the C11, DE10, and type 14 coaches already in their product portfolio, anyway. The Yo8000, if I remember correctly, was the only "really new" investment. But that I do not consider Tōbu specific either, as Rokuhan lacked a  caboosey car to accompany their ToRas and WaMus in any case. A WaFu type is already available from Tenshodo, therefore a Yo type was the logical choice.

The Revaty, on the other side, is undoubtly a Tōbu specific product. But it is new and gained some publicity recently, and it certainly looks spectacular. Therefore, I'm sure it will find its buyers, regardless whether they model the Tōbu railway, or a different company, or no prototype at all (me, for example!).

Therefore, I consider the Taiju and Revaty models as actually aiming for the general market while, simultaneously, opening an option for a really Tōbu centred product line. Rokuhan can now comfortably lean back and watch how the market reacts. If a sufficient demand arises they'll certainly go for it, and if not then nothing's lost at all.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, MichiK said:

Oi, why not?

I think he meant Tomix, KATO, Microace, and/or Greenmax in N-scale...   The Z is already a given.

JR 500系
20 hours ago, MichiK said:

Oi, why not?

haha I meant for the N scale... cause... it will be too big a temptation to resist.... 

14 hours ago, chadbag said:

I think he meant Tomix, KATO, Microace, and/or Greenmax in N-scale...   The Z is already a given.

Yap ~ Please don't do the Revaty Please don't do the Revaty  Please don't do the Revaty Please don't do the Revaty Please don't do the Revaty  

Not after I've given up and sold most of my Tobu rolling stock... 

Rokuhan is a rather popular manufacturer, but up until without a new releases thread. So here you go.

• Thanks 2

For all interested ( including myself! 🤗 )

NOTICE:
Rokuhan is allowed sales 500TYPE Hello Kitty Shinkansen model trains only in Japanese market. Therefore, Rokuhan cannot sell them at other oversea market.

AmiAmi has it up for preorder. So looks like it will be available?

9 hours ago, MichiK said:

For all interested ( including myself! 🤗 )

7 hours ago, Ultratram said:

AmiAmi has it up for preorder. So looks like it will be available?

Yes of course, it will be available, but only in Japanese shops.

In Germany, e.g., Noch is the official importer of Rokuhan, and you can buy Rokuhan stuff in German shops (as far as there are any left over...). But you will not be able to buy the 'Hello Kitty' Shinkansen in German shops, because Rokuhan has only a license to sell it to Japanese shops.

Rokuhan were last Weekend at the JAM exhibition in Tokyo.

The main feature of this time is  "Tobu Limited Express 500 Type REVATY", which will release this month and "500 TYPE Hello Kitty Shinkansen" which will release in October 2018.

Also, we show many Rokuhan prototype models will be released in this year and early next year.

We will sell some exclusive products only to get at Rokuhan online shop or showroom, also various kinds of Rokuhan products.

Do someone know which Prototypes they have shown? They still don't have Posted any Pictures from the Weekend.

On 6/30/2018 at 10:09 AM, MichiK said:

In Germany, e.g., Noch is the official importer of Rokuhan, and you can buy Rokuhan stuff in German shops (as far as there are any left over...).

The Class C57 Steam Locomotives were sold out very fast in Germany.

Edited by Steve

I don't think so...

We will continue to expand our handled products in the future.

When new handling makers and products increase, we will report on the Rokuhan website and Facebook.

※ There is no schedule of handling at present in Showroom and Rokuhan Online Shop.

※ There are very few goods in stock, so please forgive us when out of stock.
※ For inquiries regarding product support and specifications, please contact each manufacturer.

(from Google translation)

Sounds to me like they sell z-gauge products from other companies in their showroom (in limited quantities), but I see no mentioning of Rokuhan acting as a distributor.

Two new products that I'm not so happy about:

Z Shorty Customize Label for Passenger Car "Enoshima Electric Railway Type 100" and Z Shorty Customize Label for Passenger Car "J.N.R. Series 103 High Control Stand Olive Green"

While I can understand, why Rokuhan has chosen to do these trains by sticker, nonetheless, I don't like it. I would much, much, much rather have pantographs, vents, and a/c in 3D than only printed flat (also, I'm not so cnvinced of the longevity of the stickers...)

You can spot both on this photo from 58th ALL JAPAN MODEL & HOBBY SHOW 2018

Fully agree.  Don't like the label wrapping.

While the shorties might be amusing, I would rather Rokuhan concentrate on releasing scale high-fidelity models.

I notice that the Revaty has now been released too.

3 hours ago, MichiK said:

I think they do - this is an announcement of the EF 65, isn't it?

I shouldn't be too critical of the effort, but Tokyo Marui released the EF65 (500 series) years ago and can still be had if you look around.  I'd rather they do stuff that hasn't really been done in Z-scale, like EF510-500's to go with their great Hokutosei coaches, or steam C59s.  I won't vote for C62s or D51s since they are available from Tenshodo.  

The different front with the door of the 1000 series should sufficiently qualify them as not really been done in Z-scale, yet. But of course, that's a matter of personal views.

Maybe they'll eventually come up with a nice Twighlight Express?

Rokuhan has officially announced some new models for 2019:

- two more C11 variants for summer 2019

- two EF65 1000 for 2nd half of 2019, and

- TA-Dah!!! - the early series 485 EMU with the bonnet style end cars as a 6-car basic and a 7-car extension set, also for the 2nd half.

At first I thought I'd prefer the later endcars, but the mor I think about it... I mean, that's one mighty fine example of 60s' design. Just imagine it running on your layout side by side with a Settebello (surly not prototypical, but who cares?)!

http://www.rokuhan.com/news/2018/11/-2018-2.html