A new froggy modeler aboard !

Bubule

Hello All !

My name is Jean-François but my frends call me Jef, i come from france, The smelling cheeses plate of the world. 😁

I am a N scale model Railroader since 15 years. I have built a Model railroad witch is on Rio Grande Western Theme. It is named The turtle Field railroad.

Here is a photo of the layout (3'1/2 by 6') :

Ferme.thumb.jpg.587a526a12aaec595879fc0809777eef.jpg

Here is a video :

I have started A very huge project, witch is an extention of the Turtle Field Railroad named "Spirit of Denver" witch is inspired by diferrent sites on Denver city (Colorado) area. It feat The light rail line, Burnham locomotive facility, Colorado Convention Center (With Blue Bear  😋) and the Gates rubber plant. All these sites are revisited with my own inspiration and the nessisity of size and layout arrangement. For instance here is the First part of the master piece of the extention (5000 plastic parts when it will be finished) : a fully scratch build Colorado Convention center project :

1986324498_11deuxtierscomplet.thumb.jpg.3a66fbd80cecf0fa71de36b9acc88f39.jpg

But this huge project is very energy and time consuming project and i need a pause. So i have decided to build a small exibition layout, on a completly different project to get a balloon of oxygen.

The theme of this new project is the Eizan line From Demachiyanagi to Kurama. And now you know the reason i am here, to join you on this intersting forum. 😜

Planning in done, an i am working on bench work now. The layout will be oriented on fun and dedicated to simply enjoy driving trains. The layout is 4'1/3 by 2'1/2 ( 130cm *75cm). Here is the start of the bench work :  ( I will start a special thread to show you in details the build of this model railroad if you are interested)

1224930979_lamellgirder.thumb.jpg.562353fd676e46a9dcb43250e2111622.jpg

So in conclusion : Happy to be here, and please fogive me my Very poor english.Ssee you soon on the treads, Best regards.

Jef

Edited by Bubule
  • Like 9

Awesome work!   Welcome!

That Denver convention center looks really interesting.

And the Eizan line I am interested in following.   Make sure to start or update your project in the projects section of the forum!

2 hours ago, chadbag said:

Awesome work!   Welcome!

That Denver convention center looks really interesting.

And the Eizan line I am interested in following.   Make sure to start or update your project in the projects section of the forum!

Thank all for your kind words.

Chad, The post have been made there, and will be updated when i will go forward in the project :

Edited by Bubule
  • Like 1

Welcome jef, glad you found us! 

Your layout work is fantastic, keep us posted on the new rio grande layout buildings as well as many things like scratch building are universal!

Feel free to start new personal project threads on each project.

cheers

jeff (jef with two fs)