Hello from France

Machaing

Hello,

Retired since 2 years of French railways, I started 6 months ago in model railroading. In order not to impose on my wife a circuit that is too big, I naturally went to the N scale.

I acquired new and used Fleischmann and Roco equipment but it did not give me complete satisfaction.
So I sold everything to buy Kato equipment and I must say that it is an extraordinary material. Moreover, bought directly in Japan it is much cheaper than material bought in Europe.

I have since acquired a Digikeijs DR5000 control unit, DR4018 modules for switch management and DR4088 for track circuits.

At the moment I have only done a test layout to understand the operation, the wiring and to assimilate what not to do in a larger layout.

Your forum is one of the most complete that I have consulted and I thank you for accepting me among you.

PS: if I understand relatively well English I still got help from google translate for this text, I'm sorry if some terms are poorly chosen.

• Like 9

Hi Machiang,

glad you found the hobby, Japanese trains and the forum! I think you will enjoy the hobby as it lets you do a lot of different kinds of things so it can keep you entertained and learning for a lifetime (and out of your wife’s hair)! 

You will flind a number of railway workers from around the world on the forum as well.

the google translate did fine! It’s a worldwide forum so folks are very understanding English may not be a first, second, third... language and we all try to remeber that, understand and help others so feel free to ask questions on words if you want. 

jeff