Any clubs in Kent, UK?

JohnG13

Hey, 

I've just joined this forum and am looking for possible societies or clubs preferably in Kent, UK. I'm 16 with a HOe layout and an N Gauge layout, both based in Japan. Can anyone help? 

brill27mcb

I'm a Le Shuttle train fan in the U.S., and a few years back I discovered that the Calais portion of the N-guage model layout from the Eurotunnel Folkestone Exhibition Center was preserved in the railway museum at Peene Station of the Elham Valley Line Trust in Kent. If I were magically transported to Kent and it was possible to do, that's where I would put my modeling effort.

Rich K.

On 6/4/2018 at 11:14 PM, brill27mcb said:

I'm a Le Shuttle train fan in the U.S., and a few years back I discovered that the Calais portion of the N-guage model layout from the Eurotunnel Folkestone Exhibition Center was preserved in the railway museum at Peene Station of the Elham Valley Line Trust in Kent. If I were magically transported to Kent and it was possible to do, that's where I would put my modeling effort.

Rich K.

I've lived in Kent all my life, the county itself is beautiful but the railways here make it more special. I don't know if you've heard of Dungeness, it's the large shingle headland into the English Channel just along the coast from Folkstone, but my dad did an N-gauge model of the terminus there many years ago. There used to be a passenger service decades ago but now all that runs are trains that remove nuclear waste from a power-station being shut down. It's just another special line in Kent ~

You forgot the RH&DR! Where else in the world does a “toy” railway do the schoolbus?

(At least they used to!)

Claude_Dreyfus

Finding a club with enough interested members to produce a Japanese club layout will be a real challenge. As far as I know, our club was the only one to have a Japanese club layout...we're too far west for you; on the West Sussex/Hampshire border. I do know of a couple J-train modellers in the south east but do not know if they are club members. Your best bet would be someone like the Japanese Railway Society, who list shows where there are member's layouts appearing.

There are also a few Japanese modules for a couple of N Gauge Society layouts - West Sussex and East Surrey being two such area groups to have J-train fiends.

52 minutes ago, Claude_Dreyfus said:

Finding a club with enough interested members to produce a Japanese club layout will be a real challenge. As far as I know, our club was the only one to have a Japanese club layout...we're too far west for you; on the West Sussex/Hampshire border. I do know of a couple J-train modellers in the south east but do not know if they are club members. Your best bet would be someone like the Japanese Railway Society, who list shows where there are member's layouts appearing.

There are also a few Japanese modules for a couple of N Gauge Society layouts - West Sussex and East Surrey being two such area groups to have J-train fiends.

Which club was that?