Tomix HO-138 EF66-100

Need for High Speed

Need for High Speed

I am not really a fan of freight but I think this EF66-100 is fricken cool, it makes up for having the JR283 series (ocean arrow) not available in HO.

I found these images online. I prefer the squarer head lights although the one with the rounder head lights has a grey panted roof that looks better so I guess that's a tough choice, get the better head lights or get a better looking roof. I know most people on here think it's a dumb thing to make a decision based on looks, but still....

Luckily Tomix makes both in HO gauge I think the one with square head lights is HO-138 and the other is I think HO-137 

I looked on Yahoo Auctions seem to be around 200 to 300 sometimes 350 USD. About the same price as the Bachmann ACS-64. I don't really feel a need to get Japanese freight cars because it seems to have regular knuckle couplers so I would just pull what ever junk piko box cars I have left over from my elementary school years. Or maybe some Amfleet coaches (Does it really matter whit it pulls?) to me  "no"

anyways its got a nice cab interior, pantographs look interesting. . . .

and of course most importantly can it have DCC installed? I have found at least 2 blogs of people who've done it. so I guess why not, I've wired DCC into a lot of trains before. But, first things first I need to get the Kato E5 Hayabusa and the Tenshodo JR500 because those trains are far more important to me than the EF66-100. although I am posting this because I want to here other peoples input on it and hopefully post some photos of their HO EF66-100.

EF66-100 HO scale compare.jpg

EF66-100 Tomix HO guage.jpg

• Like 1