Mystery KiHa 58

nah00

So at the train show I was at over the weekend there was a charity auction on Saturday night and I was the winning bidder on this set. I've tried searching through google Japan using the Japanese name but I still can't find out much aside from it's an early joyful train (I think). Anyone know where it ran or the name of it? Also mine came without light boards in the cars, I don't suppose anyone has a pair lying around or knows of a replacement...?

image.jpg

• Like 1

Does it at least say somewhere what the manufacturer is?

Do you maybe also have a clearer picture? As it is difficult to even identify colours with a picture as dark as this. I cannot see the front like this either.

It's Kato S614D. Google translates it as 'Camel' but I can't really get any more info than that. Apologies on the picture, I was in a rush and didn't realize how bad the picture was. 

6 minutes ago, nah00 said:

It's Kato S614D. Google translates it as 'Camel' but I can't really get any more info than that. Apologies on the picture, I was in a rush and didn't realize how bad the picture was. 

Aha, "ラクダ号" - "Camel Train" I guess - a Kagoshima-based karaoke joyful train, apparently. In that livery from 1983 to 1986.

http://www.synapse.ne.jp/kose/yamano data file backup/CAR/JOYFUL TRAIN.html

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had dug up Kagoshima at some point but was hoping it was JR East. Oh well. I should have some extra decals for down there floating around. I also found 'Camel Train' but thought it was just a translation error. 

Karaoke train? I should fit some LEDs inside. 

Also I know this is a stretch but does anyone happen to have the decal sheet for this and are they able to send me a scan/email of it? I can't seem to find the head mark for the train anywhere. 

Edited by nah00