Kiha66

There is a prototype for everything... (Japan Rail)

Kiha66

Sometimes I feel like I have too many freight cars...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

MichiK

There's no such thing like 'having too many freight cars'!

• Like 1

Kamome

Looking at this photo, i would say you need a few more Wamus

• Haha 2

GDorsett

Looks like when my father has his American boxcar collection out to run. He's only got 50 or 60 of them...

• Haha 2

Martijn Meerts

And I thought my local line station was too close to the express / shinkansen station 😄

• Like 1

Drunkenclam

i just had to go round that in street view 😄

• Like 1

cteno4

Had to browse the area as well. Never realized the back station at Kanazawa has roof top parking! Something interesting for the roof of a station on the layout. Great way to do a parking lot without taking up extra real estate on the layout. I’ve seen many larger buildings with the rooftop parking lot (sometime multistory).

jeff

https://goo.gl/maps/uSdHjG7hPHCue5437

• Like 4

Drunkenclam

Yes. I followed the local line too. Goes west for a short while then terminates.

Going East then south for quite a way then terminates again. At the end of the line that way. Evidence of where the track originally continued. Including a couple of kilometres of track and overhead wires and a couple of bridges. Always makes me sad to see a closed line 😞

https://www.google.it/maps/@36.4493658,136.6223235,19z/data=!3m1!1e3

Socimi
26 minutes ago, Drunkenclam said:

Yes. I followed the local line too. Goes west for a short while then terminates.

Going East then south for quite a way then terminates again. At the end of the line that way. Evidence of where the track originally continued. Including a couple of kilometres of track and overhead wires and a couple of bridges. Always makes me sad to see a closed line 😞

https://www.google.it/maps/@36.4493658,136.6223235,19z/data=!3m1!1e3

Apparently, until 2009 the Ishikawa Line used to terminate at Kaga-Ichinomiya Station, a couple of kilometers south of the current terminus of Tsurugi. The Hokuriku railway used to run services even further south, with the Kinmei Line, up to Hakusanshita Station in Torigoe village. The line closed in 1987 and has since been converted into a bycicle path.

• Like 1