There is a prototype for everything... (Japan Rail)

JA agricultural cooperatives are money-rich (they have their hands in health care, banking/finance etc. also).  They often have the biggest buildings in a rural area, here in Sapporo they have a skyscraper near the main station.  At that Konan Rlwy. site they have a warehouse across the tracks, probably they offered the railway some space in the building otherwise devoted to non-railway general office space.

Edited by bikkuri bahn
1 hour ago, railsquid said:

JR East drivers in uniform driving... skis and snowboards:

Hmm, are we sure those are real JR East drivers?

I only spotted one point and call at 1:12.
~ , ~

• Haha 1

You are modelling Yokohama Station but wish to run your E233-7000 Saikyo line set?

(unscheduled diversion of a Sotetsu through service due to a broken down freight train)

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 7

When you have some old, partially cannibalised Shinkansens you don't know what to do with.

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 4

Very nice.  700 series cars have been moved to Hamamatsu by road, haven't they?  I wonder why they changed this practice.  I never really like to see rail vehicles moved by road.  Not sure about putting them on a barge either but at least there's something unique about that.

11 hours ago, miyakoji said:

Very nice.  700 series cars have been moved to Hamamatsu by road, haven't they?  I wonder why they changed this practice.  I never really like to see rail vehicles moved by road.  Not sure about putting them on a barge either but at least there's something unique about that.

There's a possible explanation in a reply to that tweet- In JNR days there was a weekly maintenance window (midday Wednesday), where the mainline was freed up for trackwork, slow and wide trains such as a shinkansen stock move could use these hours to get from Nissha's Toyokawa plant to Hamamatsu.  But in the JR era this maintenance window was eliminated (trackwork then being done at night), free daytime pathings subsequently gone, and nighttime presumably also difficult with all the scheduled freight trains run on the Tokaido Main Line that timeframe. 

• Like 1

E2 towing half an H5 (6 cars of the derailed H5 from the big earthquake on March 16th 2022)

Different vantage point:

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 5

In case you are not bothered to add containers to the M250... or any of the non-motorized intermediate cars. 

• Like 7
13 hours ago, Madsing said:

I have to say, it looks a bit strange like that, how to say, naked? 😀

They could be delivering cloaking devices...

• Haha 2
bikkuri bahn

In case you are not bothered to add containers to the M250... or any of the non-motorized intermediate cars. 

Those units are running on the test track for the nearby Omiya General Rolling Stock Center, they give units a run at pretty high speeds after their scheduled maintenance.  I recall seeing an EF65 running light on that track on a visit to the museum years ago.

• Like 2
railsquid

Modelling the Yamanote Line in 1987, but want a change from 205s and the odd remaining 103? No problem, just plonk a KuMoYa 143 in front of a 165 series "Panorama Express".

Picture: https://trafficnews.jp/photo/118151 - location is the inner loop line (内回り) just north of Yogogi Station

Article: https://trafficnews.jp/post/118151

Background is this was a special run for a TV programme on April 25th 1987; KuMoYa 143 was needed as the 165 series didn't have ATC.

• Like 1

Hi

I shot it on 2016 between Narita and Tokyo station, riding the N'EX

IMG_20160402_110023.thumb.jpg.85f1846305f8f066f3a37376c5f61076.jpg

I've no clue what that is (test bench ? maintenance of tracks ?)

As I know there are experts here ...  feel free to comment. 

JM. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, JR East said:

IMG_20160402_110023.thumb.jpg.85f1846305f8f066f3a37376c5f61076.jpg

Looks like a Plesser & Theuer-made 09-16 type multi-tie tamper - specifically one belonging to the Kotsu Kensetsu maintainance contractor company.

http://photozou.jp/photo/show/282592/43305298

Greenmax made this model (togheter with the KSP2002E ballast regulating vehicle) as a limited edition in may 2019

https://mokeitetsu.com/greenmax/crosspoint-n/201811-kotsukensetsu

Edited by Socimi
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lately Toei seems to be particularily wasteful with it's rolling stock...

The Asakusa Line 5300 Series is pretty much gone (only one set in service, who knows how long it'll last...) when equivalent Tokyo Metro rolling stock (the Namboku Line 9000 Series) is being refurbished. On the Mita Line plans are likely to be changed for a full replacement of 6300 Series with the 6500 Series (instead of initial proposals that would've seen the replacement of the 1st and 2nd batches only), depsite more than half of the fleet being barely 20 years old (3rd batch built 1999-2000, 24 out of 37 trains) and now the early-batches 10-300 Series, wich aren't even 20 years old (the formation in question is 10-400F, built by Tokyu Car in 2005).

• Like 1