Tenshodo/Bachmann JR500 Nozomi HO

Need for High Speed

Need for High Speed

Hey I have been asking around about the HO guage version of the JR500 series.  I have fallen madly in love with my Nscale  Kato model of it. This train is truly divine beuty of the rails. But I collect high speed trains from all over the world in HO I have an Acela, orange TGV, a TGV duplex, ICE, ect.  But I have yet to get any high speed trains from the fare east. Since I found no adaquate models in China, I turned to Japan and plan on aquireing the Tenshodo JR500 and the E5 Hayabusa from Kato.  I hope to find the 6 car basic set from tenshodo cheap but it seems highly unlikely and no one has offered any on this site in a long time.  

I have a few important questions about the tenshodo model I mentioned. Does its nose cone detatch off and is their a coupler in it? Like the Kato E5  has. Also the circuit panel supposedly has an 8pin plug in it. If you own this train please take some photos of the cab cars taken apart so can see if they to have the 8 pin plugs. Thank you  I really appreciate it. I am slowly going insane over this train I can't afford.

Edited by Need for High Speed

The model will most likely not have a detachable nose +  coupler as this wasn't a feature on the prototype which always ran alone (it had an emergency coupler that would require manual labor to remove the nose dome beforehand).

Can't say anything about the circuit board as I don't own this model myself and quick searches haven't really turned up any useful information, in doubt assume that installing a decoder will be soldering work.

Need for High Speed

A while ago I got some one who does own this train to open up the motor car and their are 2 rows of solder dots that add up to 8. which might indicate that their is an 8pin plug under their. but again can't exactly tell what kind of 8pin plug. but its got a big motor with big flywheels I have been told this train is a really fast model.

5 hours ago, Gryphr said:

Can't say anything about the circuit board as I don't own this model myself and quick searches haven't really turned up any useful information, in doubt assume that installing a decoder will be soldering work.

Yeah good luck on finding anything useful info wise on this train I have done several months of internet searches and haven't found much. but I have been asking around. Hopefully, if I own this one day I will to a post about how to install DCC in it.

25360603_1760923877283800_447194763_n.jpg

25395506_1760923770617144_551384108_n.jpg