Meet-up in Albuquerque May 14

Azamiryou

Azamiryou

I'm planning to be playing with Japanese trains pretty much all day on Monday, May 14 -- if there's anyone out there within hailing distance of Albuquerque, I'd love to have you join me! (I know it's Monday and that's a work day for many people, but it's all day so after five is fine, too!) Just drop me a message to get details and the address.

There will be scrapple involved, but partaking is not mandatory if that's not your thing. :-)

Wish I could attend! Enjoy the scrapple. The east coast version lives on here! We will do the ritual new member hazing with scrapple.

With philip back in Australia I and the east coast trains and scrapple being at martin’s (Brit) I guess it will be marmite this year on the toast.

hope some new train folks come out of the wood work there in Albuquerque!

cheers

jeff

ps Matthew was one of the founding and very long time members of JRM like 15 years ago. The club formed around him inviting a few of us over for his trains and scrapple meetups and the idea to do a Japanese layout to take to train shows happened. Rest is history and scrapple, as there is always room for scrapple. Here’s to it all happening again!

Thanks, Jeff. I miss you guys, wish I could be there!

Maybe someday I'll found Japan Rail Modelers of New Mexico.

It'll have to be more than just me, though! :sunny:

Need for High Speed

Believe it or not, I visit New mexico every year cause I got some folks who live up in Santa Fe and I visit them in August usually mid August.  If you happen to have a train session then that'd be great! It's a pain to get out their from Philly. But other than the rail runner and tourist trains and one or two railroad photographers, I have never seen or met anyone who does model trains over their let alone Japanese ones. What you got HO or N scale or both?

Edited by Need for High Speed

I mainly run N gauge, although I do have a Tomix EH500 in HO gauge.

I hope we can meet up while you're here -- I've sent you a private message about that!