Japanese Music

chadbag

SwallowAngel

Has been a while since I posted in this thread, but here's another recommendation I dug out of my 1073 song (no, not a typo) long playlist.

Hiroshi Sato - Blue And Moody Music featuring Wendy Matthews

(Technically not sung in japanese, but composed by a japanese musician, so I guess (?) that counts)

Whenever I listen to this I can't resist the urge to sing along, despite my vocal range not being high enough (There's a reason I play the trumpet...)

As always, I recommend checking out the entire album if you liked this song. Wendy Matthews voice paired with Hiroshi Sato's lyrics and backings are a simply wonderful combo...

• Like 1

Just discovered IA recently (and, of course, I purchased her voicebank.  Now I have Luka, Miku, and IA.)  These songs have really impacted me by lately:

Edited by ATShinkansen
Trying to make videos show up!
  • Thanks 2

Tonanseihoku, with bonus Kiha 22 sightings just in time for Nyan Nyan Nyan Day:

Edited by Cat
  • Like 3
On 11/27/2023 at 2:54 AM, ATShinkansen said:

Just discovered IA recently

I really like Orangestar's IA songs.

• Like 3
Zeether

My work playlist is all T-Square and Casiopea, they make some really nice fusion tunes.

• Like 1
chadbag
On 3/16/2024 at 5:41 PM, Sascha said:

What a Band!!!

Yeah they're really good.  I've kind of been following them for about 8 years.  Their song "Thrill" had probably been on YouTube about a year when I fell down their rabbit hole.   I tried to see them once when I was in Japan but was there the wrong week or something (this was when they were relatively new -- now you need to buy tickets a billion years in advance with lottery).   They actually played in Salt Lake City last year but with our house project I didn't have time or funds. 😞

20 hours ago, chadbag said:

Another great one (also a bit older)

Love them too. Band Maid got me with "Real Existence". They have been to Dallas the  last two years. Got me tickets, but something always came up and I had to give them away. Waiting for their next gig this year.

• Like 1