Tomix turnouts, ways to power.

katoftw

Hi all,

In regular DC operation, if I want to power Tomix turnouts without a Tomix throttle/power unit attached, what can I use?  Suitable for 230-240V operation.

Thanks.

Edited by katoftw

12V DC pulses, very brief ones under 1 second. Pretty much the same what Kato turnouts need. The same is true for Tomix form signals.

Kato,

bcd capacitor discharge circuit will do the trick with just a 12v wall wart power supply. Very simple to wire up and you can even wire the basic circuit in a simple screw terminal block w.o having to solder. Works great and gives just the right pulse to throw the switch well and not burn it out. You use regular dpst switches to throw the circuit and they are not prone to wearing out or breaking like the mechanical momentary point throw switches by kato or tomix. You can also easily add in indicator leds for a control panel or local signaling.

i can email you the docs from George Stilwell (he’s passed now but last I communicated with him he did not want it posted so I’m just following his last wishes). Kvp posted some reverse engineered diagrams he did as well.

cheers

jeff