EU manufacturers N Gauge new Releases & Product Announcements

Yavianice

The AS-Modell EL18 NSB loco (188692) has finally been released.

And immediately sold out (all 10 presumably).

So if you wanted one and are reading this and have not pre-ordered, tough luck.

They did announce they would maaaaybe make another release. Someday. If they feel like it. 

If it will include the restaurant car remains to be seen. 

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 2

KATO Lemke will re-release these items:

10173 SBB Re620 in Red livery

10174 SBB Re620 in Green livery

10175 SBB Re620 in SBB Cargo livery

10176 SBB Re620 in SBB Cargo XRail livery

10170-D DCC Board for SBB Re620

23009 SBB RIC Sleeper car set in Blue livery (2 car set with interior lighting)

23010 SBB RIC Sleeper car set in Blue livery (2 car set with interior lighting)

23011 SBB RIC in green livery (2nd class) (3 car set with interior lighting)

23012 SBB RIC in green livery (2nd class) (3 car set with interior lighting)

23013 SBB RIC, 1 first/second class, 1 restaurant, 1 second class (3 car set with interior lighting)

available “soon”

• Like 2

Arnold has released very rare restaurant cars through DM-Toys. Only available at DM-Toys and only for a limited time.

2 MAV restaurant cars (one in old livery, one in new livery) HNS4330 & HNS4333

2 PKP restaurant cars (one in WARS livery, one in PKP ICC livery) HNS4331 & HNS4332

1 3 car set OSE (Greek railways) HNS4329

The restaurant cars are 49,99 euro each. The OSE 3 car set is 149 euro.

https://www.dm-toys.de/de/liste/limitedmodels/1/hersteller/Arnold.html

• Like 1
On 2/19/2021 at 6:29 AM, Yavianice said:

P.S.: The DB Kiss will also be released by Hobbytrain (which runs in eastern germany around Berlin)

I just saw this release.  Are these going to be made by kato?  Caltrain here in California have ordered a bunch of kiss trainsets so it would be neat if they do that scheme in the future. 

• Like 1
roadstar_na6
46 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

Are these going to be made by kato?

Probably not, HobbyTrain also has their own production in South Korea afaik.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
roadstar_na6
57 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

...when the ICE-T is due to be released?

Their website claims IV. Quarter 2021.

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

New album from ICE-T?! 😛

jeff

Yes, I believe he's about to release a record! (No, we're not old!....We're young and hip, dammit!).

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Is that a rerelease? Kind of remember that from a few years back.

jeff

Yes, a re-release. I know a lot of people look for track maintenance equipment, and make an exception buying stuff from other regions due to scarcity. So I figured I'd post it. I think it looks pretty good. I bet the decals could be removed/changed.

• Like 2

Yeah that was my thought when it first came out! But I hesitated on the price and I have a shapeways shell that’s very similar I wanted to power up.

jeff

Hornby has announced a drastic price increase for all items, including ones that have already been announced but not yet released. Price increases are for all sub-brands also: Jouef, Lima, Rivarossi, Electrotren, and Arnold. The increase is between 10 and 20%.

For example, Arnold SBB RABe 503 HN2472 is now €271, before it was €233. A price increase of almost 16.4%

Arnold SBB RABe 503 HN3505 is now €123, old price €103. A price increase of almost 19.4%

The reasoning for this price increase is increased material and transportation cost.

• Sad 2

I guess Hornby wants to depress their sales.  (Normally you would increase prices after whatever world event has happened and people are suffering in has finished and things are picking up...)

I think Pirata may finally be about to make the next batch of their Kato-based RhB stock. They posted a video to Instagram earlier showing dismantling an EWI and sorting the components into boxes (which were already pretty full), which would be a logical first step before getting the spray booth and tampo printer fired up...

Their website has three varieties of 2nd listed for pre-orders at the moment, another run of B2319 in Arosa Express blue, and new models of B2315 in the same livery and B2317 in "Bärenland" advertising livery.

• Like 1

Still waiting for the restaurant cars they announced several years ago. I don’t think they will ever be released though. I wonder why they bother making a catalogue if they don’t produce the majority of the items in them.

They seem to quietly drop things. They initially promised the Arosa Express luggage van and 1st class coach (both unique, although using EWI parts like bogies, gangways, doors, etc) but those have fallen off the pre-order pages of their site. The two are so different from the EWIs offered by Kato that it would probably be easier to tool up new body/roof/interior/floor and negotiate with Kato to buy assy parts in bulk to complete them.

I will be ordering a B2315 if there are any left after they fulfil pre-orders. While still some way off an accurate Arosa Express set it'll make my B2319 look less lonely. I do wonder if we'll see another batch of green coaches and the converted restaurant car, as they've presumably had to buy Kato EWI packs to refinish and will have piles of 1sts left over.