EU manufacturers N Gauge new Releases & Product Announcements

Yavianice

14 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

It's tempting. I know they're overpriced and don't run well. But I now have a 1, a 2, and a 4. The pressure is rising. 

it’s not the worst model ever.... but it does come close. In the end you need to be lucky to get a well running cabin car.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, roadstar_na6 said:

Is it as bad as your Fleischmann ICE tho? 😄

Both Fleischmann ICE’s are a much better model than the Arnold ICE 3

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Just noticed it but the Ökostrom ICE 3 is using the ICE 3M mold....... this is now just trolling behavior.

they should hire a "doors counter" employee...... two more or two less, what change? anyway you have enough doors for going in and out....

another paint problem because doors and windows are simply painted on the transparent shell.....but for now Elriwa (the shop where I found photo) declare is only a photoshopped poster, maybe is better to wait the phisical release 😂

depositphotos_37649001-stock-illustration-handyman-painter.thumb.jpg.2c5c8ca73768d03d8d414607734b62b2.jpg

Edited by jappomania
56 minutes ago, jappomania said:

....but for now Elriwa (the shop where I found photo) declare is only a photoshopped poster, maybe is better to wait the phisical release 😂

The previous 2019 ICE 3M “Amsterdam” was also with the ICE 3 shell with too many doors  on the original poster. Then I thought “nah must be a mistake, they have made the ICE3M before correctly, I’m sure it will be correct upon release”.

not so much.

15 hours ago, Yavianice said:

not so much.

me too 🤣  , excluding Kato, that's the reason because I never put pre-orders for europen items, I'm curious to see what happen with FS models like ETR610 and Caimano loco

but at the end is not a big trouble for me, maybe for the Arnold/Hornby marketing manager... 💤  (I just added 8 Shinkansen to my roster....I'm sure I find something else to buy)

Edited by jappomania
On 1/12/2021 at 3:23 PM, Yavianice said:

Fleischmann finally decided to re-release their ICE-T in current livery. Will the engine still be horrible?

also a new construction of the current SBB restaurant car and NS1600 (hopefully prototypical correct this time).

can all be seen here https://www.fleischmann.de/de/news/catalogs/index.html

Now that is interesting... I’ll be keeping a close eye on this one.

Guy

On 1/12/2021 at 10:23 AM, Yavianice said:

Fleischmann finally decided to re-release their ICE-T in current livery. Will the engine still be horrible?

also a new construction of the current SBB restaurant car and NS1600 (hopefully prototypical correct this time).

can all be seen here https://www.fleischmann.de/de/news/catalogs/index.html

I think I'll get the ICE-T and the TEE. I also like those blue schnellzugwagen on page 16, and the steam engine on page 10. 

I need to find another US importer or just buy from Germany. I've been using eurolokshop.com but their website is so clumsy and old fashioned it's really difficult to track purchases there. 

If you (or anyone else) need any help with shipping from Germany (e.g. seller won’t ship international) just hit me up, I‘m sure I can help 🙂

Edited by roadstar_na6
  • Like 4
11 minutes ago, roadstar_na6 said:

If you (or anyone else) need any help with shipping from Germany (e.g. seller won’t ship international) just hit me up, I‘m sure I can help 🙂

Thanks. There's a good solution for that issue. I found a company called "Mygermany.com". They give you a German address. You can have stuff sent to them. Then, when you're ready they can consolidate everything and send it to you in one parcel. It's pretty good. 

Most of the big Germany train stores will ship to the US. The only reason to use a US importer is to lower the shipping costs. But I'll have to do the math on this again and see if it's really any better. 

30 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

I think I'll get the ICE-T and the TEE. I also like those blue schnellzugwagen on page 16, and the steam engine on page 10. 

If you want to get the TEE, perhaps it’s an idea to reserve it since they seem to sell out like hotcakes. If you can’t seem to get one, then you should keep an eye on stores that don’t do reservations such as DM-Toys.

56 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

If you want to get the TEE, perhaps it’s an idea to reserve it since they seem to sell out like hotcakes. If you can’t seem to get one, then you should keep an eye on stores that don’t do reservations such as DM-Toys.

Thanks Ya. I just ordered a TEE from Modellbahn-Kramm, and reserved an ICE-T from Modellbahn-Lippe. I'm excited about the T and seem to be cured of my longing to buy an Arnold ICE 3.

1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

Thanks. There's a good solution for that issue. I found a company called "Mygermany.com". They give you a German address. You can have stuff sent to them. Then, when you're ready they can consolidate everything and send it to you in one parcel. It's pretty good. 

Basically the same as the Japanese proxy services then. Their fees and shipping quotes are on the more pricey side tho 😮 

I played around a little in their calculator and even a 31kg 120x60x60 parcel valued at 500,00€ costs over 400€ when consolidating multiple smaller orders. The same parcel would cost you 210€ with DHL Premium including full insurance. 😄 

Edited by roadstar_na6
7 minutes ago, roadstar_na6 said:

Basically the same as the Japanese proxy services then. Their fees and shipping quotes are on the more pricey side tho 😮 

I played around a little in their calculator and even a 31kg 120x60x60 parcel valued at 500,00€ costs over 400€ when consolidating multiple smaller orders. The same parcel would cost you 210€ with DHL Premium including full insurance. 😄 

That's a pretty huge and heavy parcel. It seems like sending a tiny light parcel from Germany to the US costs about $40. That adds up fast. The MyGermany postage isn't cheap but it's better. It's also the only good solution for buying small items from German Ebay who won't ship to the US. That's where all the good stuff is. 

4 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I need to find another US importer or just buy from Germany. I've been using eurolokshop.com but their website is so clumsy and old fashioned it's really difficult to track purchases there. 

Have you tried https://www.eurorailhobbies.com/? It's a Canadian shop, but they are close to the border, and I believe they ship to their US customers from Washington (so no duty or international shipping for US customers). I've been using them for my euro buildings and have been quite happy with both the prices and service. Their supply chain for getting goods from overseas has been disrupted a bit due to COVID, but that's pretty much the same for everyone I'd imagine.

• Thanks 1

Remember that most places (except DM-Toys) will send your stuff to the US VAT-free.  If you ship to a German address for transshipment, you are no longer VAT free...

Lippe I think charges a flat 27.50 euro fee for shipping to the US no matter the amount (by UPS in like 3-4 days!) and Kramm charges 35 Euro for the same...  Depending on what you are buying the VAT (I think it was 19% but was lowered for Covid to 14 or 15%???) probably can pay for that shipping.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, James-SNMB said:

Have you tried https://www.eurorailhobbies.com/? It's a Canadian shop, but they are close to the border, and I believe they ship to their US customers from Washington (so no duty or international shipping for US customers). I've been using them for my euro buildings and have been quite happy with both the prices and service. Their supply chain for getting goods from overseas has been disrupted a bit due to COVID, but that's pretty much the same for everyone I'd imagine.

I've used them a few times.  Not a bad outfit to work with if they have what you are looking for.  And yes they ship from Washington state for US orders...

• Thanks 1

VAT was indeed lowered from 19% to 16% but that was short-term and limited til 31.12.2020. I think MSL can ship VAT free, too, btw.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, roadstar_na6 said:

I think MSL can ship VAT free, too, btw.

I think you are correct based on the "export pricing" listed for me when I browse. I plan to use MSL for several things I've got my eye on from a few manufacturers not carried by Eurorail Hobbies. Got to make it a big order to make the shipping worth it, but that shouldn't be hard to do...

• Like 2
7 hours ago, roadstar_na6 said:

VAT was indeed lowered from 19% to 16% but that was short-term and limited til 31.12.2020. I think MSL can ship VAT free, too, btw.

yes Lippe ships VAT free to the US as well and they have the least expensive flat rate shipping at 27.50 Euro (last time I used them that was the cost -- have not checked recently).  They also have a "rewards" system where you earn credit towards future purchases and they ship quickly.  Most of my ordering from Germany/Europe has been Lippe and Kramm.  I've also used a few  other places and DM-Toys is worth a look for smaller orders -- they don't ship to the US (outside EU) with VAT free export prices but their shipping charge is a lot lower (at least it was last time I used them) so if they have something you need where the VAT is not that big of a deal they can be helpful.

• Like 3

Hobbytrain announced the 4 part Stadler KISS in BLS (RABe 515) and SBB Regio livery (RABe 511) in N gauge.

no prices known yet. 

• Like 2