EU manufacturers N Gauge new Releases & Product Announcements

Yavianice

Kato has done this in the US with more niche items, not sure how niche this train might be.

Is it a paint variation or new model?  Katos that I can recall have been paint/detail changes to existing models.

Edited by EdF
19 minutes ago, EdF said:

Kato has done this in the US with more niche items, not sure how niche this train might be.

Is it a paint variation or new model?  Katos that I can recall have been paint/detail changes to existing models.

paint variation. I think these things should be on a crowdfunding site, not at a retailer where you pay “hoping” the model will be made. That, or do the tomix way and let people vote for it when they made a purchase of another train.

Edited by Yavianice

Arnold told me today the re-release of the DB ICE 3, NS ICE 3M, and Siemens Velaro Renfe set is postponed until January 2020. Previously, the scheduled release date was end of this month.

So far from european manufacturers (except Piko and Arnold) it's been crickets regarding 2020 releases.

Piko announced several new things, which can be seen in the catalogue here

Won't list of all of them but the most interesting items are EW I SBB cars (in old green and NPZ flavors, also with a bistro car), the NS6400, and NS1100 (original blue edition without crash bump) and some new reliveries of existing models.

• Like 1

Arnold 2020 releases are online also.

Many new releases, highlights are:

- Intermediate cars of the previously announced ETR sets

- FS Locomotives (E656)

- DB 181.2 locomotives

- Many Renfe locomotives for TALGO sets

- More TALGO sets including the CNL version which was previously released by Minitrix. Kinda curious how they compare. The Minitrix ones actually are quite well done.

- FS and Renfe cars (reliveries)

- New old style OBB cars

- Regiojet (Czech private railways)

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/shop/brands/arnold-n-1-160/arnold-n-new-for-2020.html

Edited by Yavianice
Martijn Meerts

Piko is doing rather well with all the Dutch models, still need to get a few of them, and the 1100 will definitely be on the wishlist 🙂

Looking forward to them making the gray yellow 1100 mostly. That and pretty please on a 1500. Still kinda curious that they are making so many loco's but no cars.

Martijn Meerts

I'd love a version with the bumper nose at least. And a 4-part intercity version of the Hondekop.. And generally just more of the older stuff.

Of course, a bunch of coaches and freight cars would be really nice as well, especially if they come in full sets or at least multiple packages rather than just single coaches 😄

Hobbytrain/Lemke has cancelled the following items:

• Hobbytrain 2664 DB Triebwagen VT25 2-tlg Ep.3

• Hobbytrain 2610 BR481 Berlin S-Bahn base set

• Hobbytrain 2611 BR481 Berlin S-Bahn expansion set 1

• Hobbytrain 2612 BR481 Berlin S-Bahn expansion set 2

due to lack of interest/pre-orders.

• Sad 2
20 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

Hmm, I wasn't aware they wanted those. I vaguely remember seeing a web page (probably a couple of years ago now) indicating they were planned, but don't recall seeing anything which indicated signing up of some sort was needed. Ah well, nasty plasticky things anyway (the prototype that is).

9 hours ago, Yavianice said:

• Hobbytrain 2664 DB Triebwagen VT25 2-tlg Ep.3

Damn! I've been patiently waiting for that Berlin S-Bahn for a couple of years now. 😥

ASModell has announced that the NSB locomotives (SBB RE460 family) in sets 188686, 188689 and 188692 that fit with their NSB cars will be severely delayed, until Q3 2020 at least. 

Originally it was planned to have these released by December of last year.

Problem is that, while the base of Fleischmann seems to be ready, the modification parts are not and the original supplier was dealing with capacity issues. So they changed suppliers, but they take a while until production and painting of these parts is finished.

Piko has announced an exclusive, fictional version of the BR221 in Rheingold colors and decals, similar to the BR103 and BR101 Rheingold colors that came before it.

available in September 2020 for 110 euro for the analogue version, or 199 for the DCC sound version.

product number 71600 and 71601.

• Thanks 1

The Minitrix/Märklin/LGB factory in Hungary will be closed due to the coronavirus for at least 4 weeks starting on April 1st. The Göppingen factory will have very limited opening hours This means that all new upcoming items will be postponed until further notice.

Furthermore, Märklin/Minitrix/LGB will not announce any new models for this summer, instead focusing solely on the previously announced models for the rest of the year.

Edited by Yavianice
  • Sad 1
Martijn Meerts
3 hours ago, Yavianice said:

all new upcoming items will be postponed until further notice

Not much different than usual then 😉

• Haha 5

ASModell has once again postponed the release of the EI18 (The Norwegian NSB RE460) until end of November.

Minitrix has announced some more items, most of which (I think) are too boring to mention, except:

• 15714 OBB Salon car 
  • 16706 SNCF Series BB 67400

The new Minitrix catalogue for fall 2020 can be found here

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fleischmann has new "Winter 2020" releases.

https://www.fleischmann.de/uploads/service/downloads/Kataloge/20201013_FLM_DE_EN_Winterneuheiten_Katalog.pdf

What I think is veerrry interesting is the re-release of the BR601, with TWO sound decoders AND interior lighting. No word yet if it will have the same stupid couplers as the last version from Roco. The Russian M62 is also welcome. Too bad they don't add some nice Russian cars with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Yavianice said:

What I think is veerrry interesting is the re-release of the BR601, with TWO sound decoders AND interior lighting. No word yet if it will have the same stupid couplers as the last version from Roco. 

I think I'll get a 601 if they sell a version without the decoders. What was the issue with the Roco couplers?

2 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

I think I'll get a 601 if they sell a version without the decoders. What was the issue with the Roco couplers?

I'm not sure if the non-sound version is DCC. Btw: DCC+Sound Fleischmann loco's also work on modern TOMIX and KATO PWM power packs.

And it turns out these things have the roco couplers. They are fragile and irreplaceable. If you do order this train, I recommend you order a bag of replacement couplers just to be sure. 

2 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

I'm not sure if the non-sound version is DCC. Btw: DCC+Sound Fleischmann loco's also work on modern TOMIX and KATO PWM power packs.

I generally just buy the analog model and put in my own decoder. It's usually much cheaper that way and I get to choose the decoder. I have no interest in sound.

2 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

And it turns out these things have the roco couplers. They are fragile and irreplaceable. If you do order this train, I recommend you order a bag of replacement couplers just to be sure. 

Thanks. That's a great idea.

Arnold has announced 2 more liveries of the ICE 3 for 2021

ICE 3M (with correct mold this time) in “Europa” livery with blue stripe

ICE 3 in current “Ökostrom” livery (with green stripe) AND INCORRECT ICE 3M MOLD 🤬

Edited by Yavianice
  • Thanks 1